Interesting idea for a conference Topic

Posted by reigny on 9/21/2010 2:01:00 PM (view original):
I'm in.... (sorry I'm replying late....I was out of town)
what circumstance and which team did you have? I scanned thread, but must have missed it
9/21/2010 2:59 PM
Posted by aejones on 9/21/2010 11:35:00 AM (view original):
when do job openings start?! 
Renewal deadline is 9/25
9/21/2010 3:00 PM
North:
Arkansas Tech - hoop_dreams(PFs)*
Lincoln Memorial - tomcecil (existing coach)
Delta St - khook19 (<20 WE)*
Harding - tkimble (international)
Henderson St - serb0649 (SFs)
Christian Brothers - gomiami1972 (PGs)*

South:
Ouachita Baptist - aejones ("F" FT%/+2 distro)
West Georgia - nighthawk481 (existing coach)
Central Arkansas -
Alabama, Huntsville -
S. Arkansas -  dacj0501 (SGs)*
Arkansas, Monticello -

---------------------------------------
aejones-- F FT/all +2
dacj501-- All SGs
garmansouth-- All PFs
tkimble-- International
gomiami1972-- All PGs
khook19-- WE <20
serb0649-- All SFs
reigny - ???
swiftwsut/dwoelflin07 - ???

9/21/2010 3:11 PM
Hey guys, I've just recently been alerted to your plans for this "theme" conference.   This is a fun, creative idea for team building.  Something like this fits perfectly into our SimLeague model, where each league is independent and has no effect on others.  But in a dynasty game, you would be affecting other teams/coaches who are not a part of this idea.  Their game experience could be negatively impacted by the oddities in recruiting and game-planning.

Another problem is that this scenario, while well intentioned, does constitute collusion in regards to recruiting.   You're more than welcome to all join the same conference, but I ask that you please don't follow through with this concept. 

Thanks

9/21/2010 3:58 PM
Posted by seble on 9/21/2010 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Hey guys, I've just recently been alerted to your plans for this "theme" conference.   This is a fun, creative idea for team building.  Something like this fits perfectly into our SimLeague model, where each league is independent and has no effect on others.  But in a dynasty game, you would be affecting other teams/coaches who are not a part of this idea.  Their game experience could be negatively impacted by the oddities in recruiting and game-planning.

Another problem is that this scenario, while well intentioned, does constitute collusion in regards to recruiting.   You're more than welcome to all join the same conference, but I ask that you please don't follow through with this concept. 

Thanks

Ok. We will all join the conference but we will not collude to only recruit certain players. I do plan on doing some experimental recruiting, but I'm not going to tell anyone what it is!
9/22/2010 2:53 PM (edited)
Sorry folks, I was in it for the lulz - wanted to try something like this with recruitng and running a team with SGs, but only if everyone else had some limitations too-  was perfect. Have fun, but I don' want the bother of an alt just to be in another D II conference. I'll schedule you though - I'm at Assumption currently.
9/21/2010 6:48 PM
9/21/2010 10:24 PM (edited)
gimme my money back and I am fine with it since i already reserved a team!
9/21/2010 10:17 PM

Thanks

Drat.  Well that let all of the fun out of the baloon.

9/21/2010 10:26 PM
I am requesting my reservation for Christian Brothers be cancelled and the season moved to another world.  What a shame.
9/22/2010 12:31 AM

Thanks

In a simleague, where its too static and you know too much abotu the players. . this woudl hold no interest whatsoever, so, unfortunately, either I'll have the season for my other team or you get a ghost ship now.  Which will also effect other people,I guess. . .]

9/22/2010 6:53 AM
edit: nevermind. I give up. If everyone else is not doing it, it won't be the same. 

So, I would like my season for D3 Phelan under the ID aejones1 refunded please. Also, could you transfer all seasons to this ID (aejones). I realize the season is over, but I DO expect to be refunded for it-- I do not need another ID and I created it for the sole purpose of this conference.

Frankly, I will be as PC as I can here-- you made a poor decision and are uninformed about the definition of "collusion." It's too bad because there are only a few dozen full conferences and this would have been one of them! My team with whatever theme I had would have been a top25 team and only helped the world and division that I was in.
9/22/2010 2:56 PM (edited)
I don't believe there is any type of collusion implications with this concept as well.  Just because I am going to recruit all PGs doesn't mean I'm telling anyone in advance WHICH PGs I am going after.  I thought it was the coach's discretion to fill a roster with the players that fit his/her system the best, and I still believe my team would have been competitive with the right PGs.  

I think this was a very poor decision by WIS, but I will abide by their ruling...it is their game to run as they see fit and my mine.

I would guess somebody complained about it and this was the excuse WIS came up with. 
9/22/2010 2:54 PM (edited)
This is just too bad.  Looks like I'll be dropping Phelan all together.
9/22/2010 3:03 PM
nothing evil here, but I suppose it is just a step away from members of a conference agreeing - I'll recuit only in CT, you recruit only in RI, the other guy gets VT, or NH etc etc - which we would all think was inappropriate collusion
9/22/2010 3:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Interesting idea for a conference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.