Time Lapse Regressive Draft COMPLETE Topic

Mark McGwire

8/15/2010 4:19 PM
DRAFT BOARD UPDATED
8/15/2010 4:25 PM
Thanks for the sitemail . . . however, I'm up when my time is scheduled because a couple of guys haven't chosen their player yet. . . .
Like other drafts . . . correct???
8/15/2010 4:55 PM
from what I gather its like your live drafts, you have your slot to pick. if you miss it then pick whenever but its the next guys slot.
8/15/2010 4:57 PM
Posted by tridentric on 8/15/2010 4:57:00 PM (view original):
from what I gather its like your live drafts, you have your slot to pick. if you miss it then pick whenever but its the next guys slot.
That's what I thought . . . .
8/15/2010 5:00 PM

Todd Helton/1B

8/15/2010 5:00 PM
Posted by Tucker T's on 8/15/2010 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the sitemail . . . however, I'm up when my time is scheduled because a couple of guys haven't chosen their player yet. . . .
You do not have to wait for your slot.  You may pick if all the other owners prior to you have:
A. Made their picks
B. Let their time slot lapse

That means if you time slot is 2:00-2:29pm and the following has happened

12:00 Owner A lets slot pass without choosing (selects when he logs on at 12:56)
12:30 Owner B selects at 12:31
1:00 Owner C selects at 12:35
1:30 Owner D Selects at 12:42
2:00 Owner  E Selects at 1:01PM

This system is in place to encourage owners to either make their picks on time or prepare the day before and send out proxies.  My goals is to keep the draft moving.  Owners who are prepared could catch a break and move up a few slots.  We are only making one pick a day so I do not see this as a huge burden.

On another note.  Once the final pick of the day has been made, the next round can start immediately.  That means if you pick 24, 1 you can make your picks at the same.  If an owner has not made his pick from earlier in the days round the draft keep moving to the next round.  

8/15/2010 5:36 PM
Posted by Bilfert on 8/15/2010 5:36:00 PM (view original):
You do not have to wait for your slot.  You may pick if all the other owners prior to you have:
A. Made their picks

12:00 Owner A lets slot pass without choosing (selects when he logs on at 12:56)

This system is in place to encourage owners to either make their picks on time or prepare the day before and send out proxies.  My goals is to keep the draft moving.  Owners who are prepared could catch a break and move up a few slots.  We are only making one pick a day so I do not see this as a huge burden.

On another note.  Once the final pick of the day has been made, the next round can start immediately.  That means if you pick 24, 1 you can make your picks at the same.  If an owner has not made his pick from earlier in the days round the draft keep moving to the next round.  

that isnt really fair to someone who misses their pick by a few minutes. if i miss my pick by 20 minutes, theoretically the rest of the teams after me could draft in that time frame one after the other. the reason you set times is for just that reason, so should someone miss a pick, they have a chance to not fall 15 places in 20 minutes.

bad enough this draft started on a sunday in august, what happens during work hours? or if something happens at home?

liked the idea but if that is the draft rule then I'm out..

sorry
8/15/2010 5:45 PM
Posted by styles12345 on 8/15/2010 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Bilfert on 8/15/2010 5:36:00 PM (view original):
A. Made their picks

that isnt really fair to someone who misses their pick by a few minutes. if i miss my pick by 20 minutes, theoretically the rest of the teams after me could draft in that time frame one after the other. the reason you set times is for just that reason, so should someone miss a pick, they have a chance to not fall 15 places in 20 minutes.

bad enough this draft started on a sunday in august, what happens during work hours? or if something happens at home?

liked the idea but if that is the draft rule then I'm out..

sorry
I think that you are taking this a bit to hard.  I have successfully run tons of drafts with this same format.   I have been upfront for weeks about when the draft would start and even asked everyone if they had questions or problems with the draft date or time.  I just got back from Vacation and today was not ideal for me, but I felt that I had made the commitment to the owners and had to follow through.

As for your drafting.  I am not sure if you are on the West Coast or the East Coast, but you have a great draft slot.  On days you draft early, you only need to prep 4 names for a proxy list and on days you draft late (assuming you are on the East Coast) you would have all day to follow the draft and make your pick after dinner.

I think it is fair to say that after round 12 in most drafts strategies are shooting in all directions and you are not typically fighting over the same players in every round like you are in the early rounds. I would urge you to take a deep breath and stay with the draft.  It's not as bad as you are making it. If you are that bent out of shape about Kevin Brown, I would be happy to trade him to you after the draft is over.  I am not at all drafted in Larry Walker, but I will do it if you want.

8/15/2010 6:01 PM
I didn't mean to throw a monkey wrench into this.  styles don't drop out buddy . . . hang in there!!
8/15/2010 6:15 PM
Nomar Garciaparra comes back to Fenway.
8/15/2010 6:29 PM
Mike Piazza-C
8/15/2010 6:33 PM
Posted by Tucker T's on 8/15/2010 6:15:00 PM (view original):
I didn't mean to throw a monkey wrench into this.  styles don't drop out buddy . . . hang in there!!
Tucker T's= Sabotaging Rabble Rouser!!!!!!!  Now git ma porch befor I shoot ya!
8/15/2010 7:02 PM
Ken Griffey Jr. - OF
8/15/2010 7:05 PM
John Smoltz - P
8/15/2010 8:23 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...53 Next ▸
Time Lapse Regressive Draft COMPLETE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.