yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Recruit files are back up and there's a 0.4 version of the program.  The recruits will start with 0 for the miles away from you.  When you set your vision, it will also set the WIS miles for each recruit.
9/13/2010 9:31 PM
Posted by jag22 on 9/13/2010 3:18:00 PM (view original):

I've downloaded the 3.0 and it opens up but now when I go to select the recruits data file it tells me it's not valid.  I realized the data file is being debugged and a new version is pending release so this is no biggie. But I tried using the coaches data file and it too tells me it's not valid, and I just downloaded that file.  Might there be issues with it as well?

Not sure what would've happened.  I haven't touched the import recruit/coach code since the first version.  I just tried it out with 0.4.  I downloaded all the files off the site, put them all in their own folder, and it all worked.
9/13/2010 9:39 PM
Posted by ginobili04 on 9/13/2010 12:57:00 PM (view original):
OK i found my problem. When i open it it is opening under some form of Java that wont let it open "JAVA (TM) Platform SE Binary"

What type of Jave do i need to open the file with? I downloaded the one you have on the page.

I right click the recruit tool, go under properties and under general where it says open with, what should that be?
Mine says "Java(TM) Platform SE binary"

You can figure out what version of java your system is using by doing the following:
In windows XP, go to Start->Run and type in "cmd" (without the quotes) and hit enter
In the black window, type in "java -version" (without the quotes) and hit enter.

In windows Vista/7 go to Start and type in "cmd" (without the quotes) in the "Start Search" field and hit enter
In the black window, type in "java -version" (without the quotes) and hit enter. 

This will tell you what version of Java your system is using.  It should be 1.6.something.
9/13/2010 11:03 PM
Posted by yatzr on 9/13/2010 11:03:00 PM (view original):
OK i found my problem. When i open it it is opening under some form of Java that wont let it open "JAVA (TM) Platform SE Binary"

What type of Jave do i need to open the file with? I downloaded the one you have on the page.

I right click the recruit tool, go under properties and under general where it says open with, what should that be?

You can figure out what version of java your system is using by doing the following:
In windows XP, go to Start->Run and type in "cmd" (without the quotes) and hit enter

In windows Vista/7 go to Start and type in "cmd" (without the quotes) in the "Start Search" field and hit enter

This will tell you what version of Java your system is using.  It should be 1.6.something.
OK did that and it said java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operal program or batch file.
9/14/2010 3:48 AM
My team in Bryant, Union (NY) doesn't show up on either the recruiting tool or the game plan analysis. I can get the opponent's tendencies, but I can not view my own tendencies. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
9/14/2010 9:01 AM
There seems to be a problem with either tool and schools that have a parenthesis in their name. I've found that the analysis tool will not load games for Miami (OH) and Miami (FL) for my D1A teams.
9/14/2010 9:12 AM
Posted by ginobili04 on 9/14/2010 3:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by yatzr on 9/13/2010 11:03:00 PM (view original):

OK did that and it said java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operal program or batch file.
Sounds like you don't have java properly installed.  Go here http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp and verify your java installation.  If it tells you it's not installed, then you need to try to install it again.
9/14/2010 9:13 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 9/14/2010 9:12:00 AM (view original):
There seems to be a problem with either tool and schools that have a parenthesis in their name. I've found that the analysis tool will not load games for Miami (OH) and Miami (FL) for my D1A teams.
I think you're right.  I'll look into it.
9/14/2010 9:15 AM
The tool opened the first time I used it, but wouldn't load recruits. I quitted out and now when I click on the tool, it wouldn't even show up. Any suggestions?
9/14/2010 10:30 AM
Just re-downloaded everything, made sure all the files are in one folder, entered my id and season, loaded the recruit dat file and when it completed I had a list of recruits.  They all showed UNDECIDED, no matter which filter option I ticked.  Does this recruit dat file update itself to reflect recruits considering schools? Am I missing something?

EDIT: Noticed in the first post it was mentioned this feature is not yet available.  My bad!
9/14/2010 9:15 PM (edited)
Also, when I click on a recruit ID, WIS pops up and gives this error:

An error occurred on the page: Recruit.aspx?rid=7023022. Please contact customer support with more details or wait a few seconds and try again.

Clicking the Refresh button will NOT reload the page that caused the error. You must return to the page using the menu or back button. We apologize for the inconvenience.
9/14/2010 9:05 PM
Posted by jag22 on 9/14/2010 9:05:00 PM (view original):

An error occurred on the page: Recruit.aspx?rid=7023022. Please contact customer support with more details or wait a few seconds and try again.

Clicking the Refresh button will NOT reload the page that caused the error. You must return to the page using the menu or back button. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This is due to you looking at a different team the last time you were using the web browser.  I'm not sure if this is something I can work around.  To fix it, just log in to WIS and hop over to the team you're trying to look at recruits for.  Then when the program opens the browser, it will properly open the recruit
9/14/2010 9:34 PM
Posted by chemguy1979 on 9/14/2010 9:01:00 AM (view original):
My team in Bryant, Union (NY) doesn't show up on either the recruiting tool or the game plan analysis. I can get the opponent's tendencies, but I can not view my own tendencies. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Where does your team not show up in the recruiting tool?  The only place I could think of was the recruit mapping (where it shows the nearest schools), but I tried it and it seems to work with your school.
9/14/2010 9:53 PM
Posted by yatzr on 9/14/2010 9:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jag22 on 9/14/2010 9:05:00 PM (view original):

This is due to you looking at a different team the last time you were using the web browser.  I'm not sure if this is something I can work around.  To fix it, just log in to WIS and hop over to the team you're trying to look at recruits for.  Then when the program opens the browser, it will properly open the recruit
Thought that was the case so before I posted I made sure the last team I viewed was for this recruiting period. It still didn't work.  So today I logged out, logged back in to Heisman and it worked but if I viewed Leahy it wouldn't work, if I switched back to Heisman it wouldn't work.  It only seems to work if I log out then log back in and view Heisman first.  Clearing cookies helps of course.  But it's not biggie, it works, that's all that matters!
9/15/2010 6:37 AM
downloaded stagg58d2Recruits.dat with 1.0 version and it keeps saying to use a valid recruits file. I can confirm every single file is in the same folder
9/21/2010 6:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.