yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Posted by yatzr on 4/11/2012 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chaneyj2 on 4/10/2012 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Yatzr, I hate to be a bother, but I think there is still an issue with players showing up out of vision. I set up my watch list early  with 1.9.1 and all my players at the time were in my vision. Now, when I look at 1.9.1, most of the players are out of vision now, but are still in my vision when I search for them in the game.
Do you remember what options you had checked when you updated recruits this last time?  I'll test it out some more.  I really apologize for this issue.  I'm determined to get it fixed though.
Last time I had Grab/Update Out of Vision.
4/11/2012 10:20 AM
Potentials from recruit responses aren't showing up after I grab messages. It's only the messages from recruits after AC scouts, not the message from my AC, thats the issue. I think I may have potentials written wrong in my recruiting tool. Can anyone help me out?

To be clear, if my AC says something, it gets grabbed. But if a recruit tells me "I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that upside is my middle name" the tool ins't grabbing it.

And this is what I have in my potentials section "I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game"

and

"Upside is my middle name"
I apprecaite the help.

4/26/2012 5:51 PM
Does anyone know if Yatzr's tool auto updates or do I have to redownload it? I donated a few bucks awhile back, not sure if that allows me to update it or not
4/26/2012 6:09 PM
it does allow you to update. just download the new one. you'll be able to access everything because its linked to your user name
4/26/2012 7:52 PM
Small update
5/6/2012 4:11 PM
yatzr...this thing is awesome..and after you added the "threads" to it.....wow....simply wow...
5/6/2012 6:40 PM
I am a donor but not up on computer lingo.  What are "threads"
5/7/2012 8:46 AM
Posted by move2strike on 5/7/2012 8:46:00 AM (view original):
I am a donor but not up on computer lingo.  What are "threads"
A thread, in this case, is a separate outbound connection to the WIS server operating at the same time.  So 16 threads would mean 16 different instances of the program running simultaneously, with each one making a separate connection to the server.  It then integrates the results into one table.

You would think that picking 16 would always be better ... but, if you had a slow internet connection or a slow processor on your machine, it might actually slow you down.

So, the best approach would be to test different thread settings and fine the one that works best for your machine.
5/12/2012 6:31 AM
I would not even want to think about recruiting without this tool ...

Guys, if you are not using this tool (with the donor functions of update multiple and multiple threads), then you don't know what you are missing.
5/12/2012 6:36 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 5/12/2012 6:36:00 AM (view original):
I would not even want to think about recruiting without this tool ...

Guys, if you are not using this tool (with the donor functions of update multiple and multiple threads), then you don't know what you are missing.
+1 MILLION
5/12/2012 8:52 AM
Is there a way to look at recruits that have signed, i was away from the computer for a whole week only using my phone for recruiting, wasn't able to upload a new season on the tool until after signing day, just want to see how the recruits I signed are rated, or better yet what formula do you use to get those scores on S1 & S2
5/12/2012 6:15 PM
Posted by romeho on 5/12/2012 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Is there a way to look at recruits that have signed, i was away from the computer for a whole week only using my phone for recruiting, wasn't able to upload a new season on the tool until after signing day, just want to see how the recruits I signed are rated, or better yet what formula do you use to get those scores on S1 & S2
When you grab recruits, there is a checkbox for "Grab Signed Recruits" just for this scenario.  This will make it run extra searches specifically for signed players.  They will then show up on the tool as blue.  When viewing the recruits, make sure you don't have the "Hide Signed Players" search option checked.

The S1 & S2 columns are bhazlewood's GUESS rating formulas.  Once recruiting is over, he'll update his site to show how all your players are rated.
http://www.gdreports.com/GUESS/index.htm
5/12/2012 6:46 PM
thanks
5/12/2012 7:00 PM
How do I get the "Considering" field to work? Do I have to type something in the search box?
5/13/2012 11:24 AM
Posted by torrone on 5/13/2012 11:24:00 AM (view original):
How do I get the "Considering" field to work? Do I have to type something in the search box?
Go to Data and click on it; then click on Download/Update Recruits.  Once the popup says Complete, then click on Search/Refresh.   The considering field will automatically update.
5/13/2012 12:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.