yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

OK. It did that and it worked. Thanks.  Now how do I see potentials? They all read 0. And I do have values set for the different messages.
5/13/2012 9:08 PM
Posted by torrone on 5/13/2012 9:08:00 PM (view original):
OK. It did that and it worked. Thanks.  Now how do I see potentials? They all read 0. And I do have values set for the different messages.
The potentials get populated when you do the "Grab Messages" option.  The program will go read your messages from recruits, and then if it finds any of the sentences from your options in a message, it will set the potential for that recruit.
5/14/2012 8:39 AM
Updated for another bugfix
5/16/2012 9:19 AM
am I able to do a recruit search now to see if I downloaded it right? I am in Warner and the season is in progress
5/16/2012 8:25 PM
Those ungrateful HD SOBs....
5/17/2012 8:45 AM
Posted by dconnerii on 5/16/2012 8:26:00 PM (view original):
am I able to do a recruit search now to see if I downloaded it right? I am in Warner and the season is in progress
Yes, as soon as a new season starts, the next season's recruits are available for searching.  The big thing to be aware of is that after this season ends, your recruit pool can change a little based on how your school did.  So be sure to run another recruit search after the season rolls over (when your record goes back to 0-0).
5/17/2012 9:34 AM
Posted by caesari on 5/17/2012 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Those ungrateful HD SOBs....
lol, I definitely feel a lot more love from the GD community, but to be fair, I've also done a lot more to earn it from the GD community.  This will always be my WIS home
5/17/2012 9:44 AM
Posted by yatzr on 5/17/2012 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dconnerii on 5/16/2012 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Yes, as soon as a new season starts, the next season's recruits are available for searching.  The big thing to be aware of is that after this season ends, your recruit pool can change a little based on how your school did.  So be sure to run another recruit search after the season rolls over (when your record goes back to 0-0).
I followed the directions and went to download/upload recruits and when I hit go it shows it is completed and when I hit search/refresh on the main screen nothing changes I see no recruits
5/17/2012 12:54 PM
scratch that I finally was able to get it :)
5/17/2012 12:59 PM

i cant seem to get the recruiting tool to preform any action?
i dont mean like the action schduler, i mean when i click it seems to do nothing.
i cant seem to start a new season, cant seem to download/update, etc.
i tried updating the support files on GDtools (which did fix the other problem i was having with the scraper not working in the same way, but so far i have still been unable to get the recruiter to pull in any new data for this season's batch of fresh meat)

5/21/2012 9:04 AM

nevermind, the age-old trick of 'reboot and see if that works' seemed to do the trick.

5/21/2012 9:19 AM
Yatzr, may be a bug in the new edition.  I had the same problem and solved it by closing out the spread sheet and then reopening it and starting from scratch.
5/21/2012 12:23 PM
v1.9.3
still having an issue sometimes of players actually in-vision showing up as out-of-vision.
whats the work around? will running multiple times help at all?
5/25/2012 10:11 PM
Posted by kilgo on 4/26/2012 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Potentials from recruit responses aren't showing up after I grab messages. It's only the messages from recruits after AC scouts, not the message from my AC, thats the issue. I think I may have potentials written wrong in my recruiting tool. Can anyone help me out?

To be clear, if my AC says something, it gets grabbed. But if a recruit tells me "I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that upside is my middle name" the tool ins't grabbing it.

And this is what I have in my potentials section "I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game"

and

"Upside is my middle name"
I apprecaite the help.

Has this been fixed yet?
5/31/2012 1:19 PM
I have a question, what is the purpose of grab/update out of vision?
6/8/2012 1:26 AM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.