GD Survivor- Hits of the 80's. WINNER CROWNED Topic

Random shlt from my Survivor...

-First day was hilarious! Probably got more sitemails that one day than I have in all my years playing WIS.  When someone asks you to be in an alliance, can't really say no, so can end up in lots of groups.  I made note that Arfy and Muddapucka names came up quite often!

-Dubs gave me idea to trade fake idol clues for real ones.  This worked very well and I was surprised that (I don't think) I got any fake ones in return.  I always gave the same fake clue, something like GRAND ENTRANCE so if you got that one along the way, sorry.

-When I figured out where the idol was, I still posted a LOT of other guesses along with the right one to throw other people off and to let them think I didn't have a good idea where it was.  This was probably a huge waste of time.

-Early on U2 tribe after Dubs got voted out, I threw a solo vote against DarrylJones2 just to create confusion.  Figured it couldn't hurt to know who the stray voter was if everyone else didn't.  I think this worked as they seemed to believe it wasn't me and thought it was sjurat.

-Next vote on U2 I tried to pass an idol to robby_p.  The idea was all those votes wouldn't count and robby and I would vote out awags and also secure robby's loyalty to me.  But robby said no thanks and didn't vote.  Guess he was done with the game.

-Next U2 vote I tried the same move with sjurat, but he got my message after votes had been cast so no good.

-Next vote on U2 was the that looked crazy when posted.  Awags came up with the idea of a TRUST vote. All 6 of use were assigned someone to vote for so all of us would have 1 vote against.  Forcing a tie, it was assumed we would be given a challenge to see who went home.  I went against the team and voted out cmhbuck.  

-After the first merge vote, I thought game was over for me cause was gonna miss 2 votes during hunting trip.  I passed my idols to Nelson and Will and said good luck.

-Fortunately survived the trip AND found out I had won the women's basketball challenge.  I forgot to mention that in my speech.  If anyone hasn't voted yet, I deserve to win for dominating the NCAA women's hoops challenge
12/22/2010 2:09 AM
Next vote on U2 was the that looked crazy when posted.  Awags came up with the idea of a TRUST vote. All 6 of use were assigned someone to vote for so all of us would have 1 vote against.  Forcing a tie, it was assumed we would be given a challenge to see who went home.  I went against the team and voted out cmhbuck.  
Awags, Darryl, and I had the numbers then.  And I offered the option to stick with our alliance to Chris and vote out you or Nelson.  I reminded Chris that Nelson wins NC's like once a week and we should get rid of him while we could. 
Instead, we went with the Trust (I figured it was you or Nelson who voted me out) and I was history. 

By the way, Pola, what happened to the question and answer portion of Survivor?
12/22/2010 4:28 AM
Question and answer is up in the air prior to voting as always.. as it stands, I have the votes.....

Recap coming soon.
12/22/2010 9:16 AM

Well, GD Survivor VIII – HITS OF THE 80’s comes to an end today and the votes are in.

I thought I would share some of the letters I received in the “Letter to home” part of the challenge.  This took place right after what some call the “pivotal move” of the game in the ousting of dubs.

Some notes – These letters were in exchange for idol clues, even though at this point in the game all four idols had been found.  There were some clues that were only passed out once, and I used the 9 or 10 letters I received to make sure every clue got passed out at least twice.  I figured this it least gave some balance to the number of clues out there, so people would have an equal opportunity to figure out WHERE each clue was.

Another note – Dubs found the Idol of Rock, which he did not play in his ousting, although in sitemail regarding that vote he knew that something strange was going down and chose to keep the idol.  I was anticipating an idol play from reading his response, but he gambled and it lead to his demise.

Without further ado, here are some of the letters  from home (Some of these were very long so I’m paraphrasing and taking some of the funny quotes out of them)…  [Block quotes are my notes along with the letter]

-------------------------------------------

Dear Pola,

I still can’t believe they voted dubs out last night.  Bastards…..  Darryl and cmhbuck are now on my hit list if we all make it to the final merge. 

I feel really good about winning the game.  I’ve been a runner-up and was the last person before the final merge another time.  If anyone understands how this game should be played, it is I.

I wish you’d let us know how many idol clues have been found.  I have 12 [idol] clues and still have no idea if I’m anywhere close to finding an [idol].  Watching dozens of videos and making  guesses gets frustrating when you have no idea if you should keep on watching and guessing.  When the Rock tribe won the first two challenges and we each got 2 clues, I shared mine with each other member, asking what their clues were.  Only 1 person didn’t respond, our tribe leader.  I shared all the clues with dubs. He asked “How the hell did you get all those clues?”  Too funny.

Arfy is in dozens of alliances.  He cannot be trusted.

Signed,

Muddapucka

------------------------------------

Dear Pola,

I guess I’ve got a big target on my back.  Several people have talked to me saying that people are gunning for me, because I’ve also aligned myself with half of the game.  The only ones I truly trust are Ebel, awags, willgibson, darryljones, and maybe Nelson.  I have a feeling I’m not going to last very long in this ame.  All the other survivor veterans have been voted out quite early.

Sincerely,

Arfy

[Arfy was the first to be eliminated after Milli Vanilli’s loss in a unanimous vote]

------------------------------------

Dear Pola,

Up to now I’ve been keeping a low profile even though I started out as captain for my tribe.  Fortunately, our original tribe did well in the first half of the game.

Now I’m trying to align with muddapucka and see if we can go far the remainder of the way.  It’s time to strategize.

I’m getting more confident in being the sole Survivor as I have lasted this long so far. But anything can happen in Survivor.  Well I hope this letter gets me clues that will help because I’ve gotten no where with the other clues.

Sincerely your friend,

Osgonlz
------------------------------------------------------------------

Pola,

I have really enjoyed the game to this point. My greatest challenge to this point has been keeping up during a very long two weeks performing in a youth group drama at my church. That made for some long nights. I decided to be "Hungry Like the Wolf" and start a plan to send dublinuf packing as early as possible . I got by with a little help from my friends and got that done. I see a few other key players that need to Beat It but that will be the fun part of working the game. I feel good about my chances to win the game as i have three or four levels of alliances working. As long as i don't overexpose myself to others i will be able to keep a low profile and sneak into the final 6 or so.

Signed,

Darryljones2
----------------------------------------------

Dear Pola,

First of all I would like to thank you for moderating this game, even if nelsonba25's daily championships make it inherently unfair. Does he really ever need an immunity idol?  Secondly, I would like to thank you for not including REO Speedwagon videos in any of your challenges. I think that I get a large enough dose of them every time I ride an elevator.
Lastly I would like to leave you a classic 80's video with a modern comedic interpretation. It makes me laugh without fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

Thanks,

Awags

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Pola,

I used to want to be like Michael J. Fox, suspenders and all- like he was in "Back to the Future". But I couldn't find any tennis shoes with the red Nike swoosh. Just like Marty McFly, I think I can be the hero of my adventure and win Survivor. Together with awags, he and I have formed a couple of smaller side alliances that I think will carry us far in the game.
What he doesn't know is that he is my Doc Brown, and I too will leave Chris staring at my tracks. Once it's just three of us (him, me, and one other - probably someone obscure like sjurat), I plan to turn the tables and take him out. Then, I can win the game.

Signed,

Cmhbuck

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Santa,

Could you please have a heart-to-heart talk with polabonez and convince him to send me a clue that doesn’t required a master’s degree in cyrptology to decipher? I can figure out a decent Sudoku but his ramblings make no sense to me.

Sincerely,

tubby7242

----------------------------------

Dear Pola,

Well here I am stuck with a bunch social dysfunctional halfwits and the dumbassed bastard who dragged me into this contest, dublinuf, gets voted off. On the positive side, I no longer have to listen to him defend the Meyer-era arrest record in Gainesville or hear him crooning his nauseatingly creepy lullabies about Tim Tebow’s Bette Davis Eyes around the campfire. Now the only form of after-dinner entertainment will be watching C-Buck go bug-eyed whenever somebody suggests Boise State has played a soft schedule. Which is money for nothing.

Less so is ebel331 and nelsonba25’s reluctance to share their GD cheat codes with the rest of us. Very poor form and those two have hogged the immunity idols as well. Thank God I’m in an alliance with them. I’m still feeling slightly paranoid, though. I always feel like somebody’s watching me.

As for my chances, well, the future’s so bright, I gotta wear shades. That’s why I wear my sunglasses at night. The other reason is to fit in with the nerdish retards that cursed fate has trapped me with on this godforsaken isle.

Willgibson

P.S. -- It’s frightening how much bcsuperfan23 looked like Rob Pilatus and more than a little ironic that he got gassed before the big reorg.

P.P.S. – I think arfy is slowly losing his mind – he keeps humming Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. The disturbing part is he was doing this on the first day. While skipping along the beach. Clad only in his Tarzan thong. Rubbing himself inappropriately. If you don't hear from me again, tell my mom that I died a brave man.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Pola,

It had to happen. dublinuf had too much power and knew the game too well. After having an alliance with him, ebel and willgibson, I made the decision to work with awags to get dubs kicked off. With his idol he was holding, a sneak attack was the only way. Much like the sneak attack dubs gave me in season 54 of Wilkinson (yes, Wilkinson is finishing up season 63 right now) when he swiped a WR from me on the signing cycle. As Mr. T would say, "I pity the fool..."

I've probably made a strategic mistake with kicking dubs off. What I probably should have done is set it up, then told dubs to use his idol and then had me, him and ebel vote for awags. I think awags holds too much power right now and has many followers. I think he will end up winning and I don't think I have much of a shot. However, I am going to ride his coattails for awhile and see if anything else comes to mind to propel me into the final 2...

Signed,

Nelsonba25

And without further ado….

The Votes for GD SURVIVOR VIII – HITS OF THE 80’s

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

Right after this:

Click Here

12/22/2010 10:04 AM (edited)
Posted by columbusbuck on 12/22/2010 4:28:00 AM (view original):
Next vote on U2 was the that looked crazy when posted.  Awags came up with the idea of a TRUST vote. All 6 of use were assigned someone to vote for so all of us would have 1 vote against.  Forcing a tie, it was assumed we would be given a challenge to see who went home.  I went against the team and voted out cmhbuck.  
Awags, Darryl, and I had the numbers then.  And I offered the option to stick with our alliance to Chris and vote out you or Nelson.  I reminded Chris that Nelson wins NC's like once a week and we should get rid of him while we could. 
Instead, we went with the Trust (I figured it was you or Nelson who voted me out) and I was history. 

By the way, Pola, what happened to the question and answer portion of Survivor?
I probably should have booted awags instead of you at the trust vote.  I had been gunning for him with the two previous sneak attacks.  I saw him as the leader and he was in good with every person on U2.  But I think at this point I had pegged you and DJ2 as the tightest pair and wanted to break it up cause I remember deciding between you two for this vote. 

I was definitely on the outside looking in at this point on U2.  Awags had you and Darryl.  I assumed aggie was with him too since he asked him to fill in for him as captain when he was gone.  And I knew Nelson and him were good too so I was odd man out.  I was close to playing idol at trust vote as well, but at the end I believed everyone was gonna go along with it and they did. 
12/22/2010 10:25 AM
Another reason I worked out that dubs vote was because of his other alliance for the final 3 with me and wildpike. I figured that he had numerous alliances and I had no idea if I was part of the main one or if there was other stuff going on. Turns out, I was part of the main one, so now I feel bad about that vote...
12/22/2010 10:42 AM
And the Results:

The Votes in the order received:
x
x
x
x
x
muddapucka
-  "Nelson is the lesser of two evils.  I was hoping to vote for willgibson." (Nelsonba25)
x
x
x
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
nelson - 1, ebel 0
x
darryljones2   -  (ebel331)
x
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
nelson - 1, ebel 1
x
tubby7242 (nelsonba25)
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
nelson - 2 ebel 1
x
texan123 - (nelsonba25)
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
nelson - 3 ebel 1
x
willgibson (ebel331)
x
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
nelson - 3 ebel 2
x
csudak (ebel331)
x
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
nelson - 3 ebel 3
x
osgonlz (nelsonba25)
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
nelson - 4 ebel 3
x
peanujetjets "The person I vote for is the one I want to win, right? I vote Nelson. Ebel is a little too comfortable. " (nelsonba25)
x
awags "I am totally hammered. I travel on tuesdays and this is a common result. I am voting for nelson and can't give a great explanation in my cuurent state. It was close and both played well. n'uff said." (nelsonba25)
x

Final voting -

Nelsonba25 receives 6 Votes
ebel331 receives 3 Votes

Nelsonba25 is the winner of Survivor VIII - Hits of the 80's.

Congratulations to both of you on a game very well played.  Thanks to all for putting up with me running this.  Thanks to dubs for helping me after his ousting.

Hopefully see some of you on the next one....  I will be passing the torch back to dubs/mudda - Congrats and Merry XMas to everyone...!
12/22/2010 11:02 AM
Congrats Nelson. Yet ANOTHER tile next to your name, good job. This game was a marathon, well deserved win.

Thanks again Bonez and everyone else, that was fun.
12/22/2010 11:47 AM
Congrats, nelson.

Ebel, couldn't vote for you after you said you took me out b/c I took out arfy.  i think you played a better game, but spite won out in the end. 
12/22/2010 12:04 PM
I love being the lesser of two evils. I knew willgibson would throttle me or ebel in the final vote. Thanks for those who voted for me, whether it was a spite vote or you felt I should win. They count the same!

Great game ebel.

Thanks for running this pola. Good times...
12/22/2010 12:12 PM
Nice job Nelson, for my vote it all came down to who I thought "played the game" the best, but you were definitely deserving as well.

This was a lot of fun.  Didn't think I would get into as much as I did but it was a good distraction from the real world.  Thanks to pola for putting in the time to make it enjoyable. 

Hopefully I'll be a part of the next one.
12/22/2010 12:15 PM
Posted by muddapucka on 12/22/2010 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Congrats, nelson.

Ebel, couldn't vote for you after you said you took me out b/c I took out arfy.  i think you played a better game, but spite won out in the end. 
Haha, no worries.  Regardless of Arfy I had you as #1 target after the merge cause I thought you were most dangerous player.  I really didn't believe you when you said you wanted to go to the end with us but after you got booted it sounded like maybe I had made a mistake and should have kept you around.

One problem I ran into near the end was I didn't have enough contacts with people outside of Will and Nelson.  Nelson brought Texan in as our 4th which was fine cause it got us to final 4, but I didn't have a connection to him.  Originally I planned on bringing Tubby to final4 to be a guy on my side, but he either didn't listen to me or I read that completely wrong but he had to go.  Then at the end I tried to bring csudak in, but it was too late at that point he was with awags.

The vote that sent awags out I really screwed up trying to save csudak.  Nelson wouldn't vote against awags and after some confusion amongst the group that vote almost ended up a 2-2-2 tie between awags, csudak and myself.  I told csudak if he voted against awags he would stay, but he still voted against me.  Texan saved my screw up there. 
12/22/2010 12:20 PM
My Final Four plan was always you, me, nelson, and will.  I thought "There's no way those 3 are already in an alliance."  LOL.  I should've know better.

Oh well.  It was fun.
12/22/2010 12:37 PM (edited)
I had an alliance with Nelson until the end and was surprised to make it as far as i did. As for the awags vote had work not been so busy, I wouldn't have sent out a quick awags vote to Pola and instead csudak would have gone home. At any rate the game was a lot of fun and a welcome distraction from GD.
12/22/2010 12:32 PM
Posted by texan123 on 12/22/2010 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I had an alliance with Nelson until the end and was surprised to make it as far as i did. As for the awags vote had work not been so busy, I wouldn't have sent out a quick awags vote to Pola and instead csudak would have gone home. At any rate the game was a lot of fun and a welcome distraction from GD.
If this is the vote I'm thinking of, texan actually later tried to switched his vote from awags which would have put it at the 2-2-2 tie....

I didn't allow the change though, as per the rules on changing votes.
12/22/2010 12:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...68|69|70|71|72 Next ▸
GD Survivor- Hits of the 80's. WINNER CROWNED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.