Leaving WIS Baseball Topic

To all the guys (and girls) that I have enjoyed playing over the last 8+ years:  I am leaving the baseball side of this site.  I have been addicted since I joined June 21, 2002.  I have had 760 teams and have enjoyed a lot of leagues.  I just have not been in love with the game over the last 6 months.  I have only one active team in a progressive league and will be leaving as soon as there is a new owner for it.  I am playing a little bit of Hoops Dynasty, but am only playing 3-4 teams at one time.  I don't know if I will ever come back to baseball.  My life has changed over the last couple of years.  At the age of 33, I am a full-time  sophomore at New Hope Christian College studying to be a youth/college age Pastor.  This consumes a ton of my time, as well as working, and taking care of my wife and kids.  I just don't have the time anymore.  I now have a higher calling.

Thanks to everyone that has made this site enjoyable over the years.  I truly wish you all well.

(I do have enough credit for one more team, unless I transfer it to HD.  I should put it in an open league for one last run, and call it: Rate My Team!)

I love you all who make this site that it is.

Chris 
A.K.A.  Area51man
10/24/2010 12:47 AM
Take care A51...good luck with your new career.
10/24/2010 2:15 AM
See you man, it's always been a pleasure!
10/24/2010 3:47 AM
the games were fun...
10/24/2010 5:03 AM
    I know how it is, Area51. I'm a 31 year old youth/music pastor. Keeps you pretty busy. I'm only able to keep up with a handful of teams at a time.
10/25/2010 9:33 AM
Use it for FGY7.

Best of luck.
10/25/2010 9:36 AM
thx for all the laughs!!
10/25/2010 4:30 PM
10/25/2010 7:08 PM
You're a class act... We're gonna miss ya!
10/25/2010 7:37 PM
God Bless you, dont forget we still need some leisure time whether it is riding a bike, playing WIS, or taking a walk with our kids.  If we dont have the leisure time life becomes one big chore with no meaning. I understand what you are saying about losing interest .I have lost the fun in fantasy sports and I really want to make things simple and watch sports and baseball for my leisure time along with enjoying nature.  Its great because God is part of our leisure as he is with all else.  I too am busy but my confessor (I'm Catholic) always reminds me of the importance of leisure and life management.  Peace and all good!
10/26/2010 12:01 AM
Chris-To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. God's blessings in the new season and purpose in your life.
10/26/2010 1:58 AM
Don't hit the door with your rear end on the way out. Seriously. Don't. It hurts.
10/26/2010 2:25 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I have always enjoyed being in a league with you and always had a big laugh when you were asked to rate someones team!

You will especially be missed in the three era league

I wish you the best
10/26/2010 1:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
123 Next ▸
Leaving WIS Baseball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.