How does this s**t keep happening? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You expect WIS to recognize Urbina's "Cy-like" regular season -- but to ignore his 20.25 playoff ERA?!

Also, he threw 26 pitches the previous game.  I'm guessing he was below his autorest for game 7...
11/6/2010 1:51 PM
Urbina did throw 26 pitches in Game 6.  He was probably below his auto-rest, as crazy pointed out. 
11/6/2010 8:23 PM
I'm the beneficiary of this situation so I'm not exactly objective, but even Eck and Mariano have blown World Series saves.  There's no guarantee UU would have done any better so don't expect anything from Admin.  And for the record, I'd have brought in the Closer had I been Sparky; otherwise, I just don't see why there are Closer settings (I assume you had UU set as Closer A?).
11/6/2010 8:26 PM
Pinot...I apologize.  I was not attempting to discredit your team.  I'm not necessarily saying it's a given Urbina gets it done, but it's far more likely.

And unless I'm completely blind, Urbina was not below his autorest setting, as I checked all my pitchers before the game.
11/6/2010 11:33 PM
No offense taken - I was anticipating Admin's response.  As I said, I'd have put in the closer in that situation.
11/7/2010 12:11 AM
He was underused overall, but it's possible a 26 pitch outing would have caused appearance fatigue for the next game.  
11/7/2010 4:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that all pitchers underused in the regular season are converted to 95% "used up" come playoff time.  This change was instituted a couple of years ago so owners couldn't "bank" all the innings of Milacki types for the post-season.
11/8/2010 4:59 PM
crazystengel is correct...I don't remember the exact details, but you can't carry over unused pitches into the postseason.  I believe the 95% figure is correct.
11/8/2010 5:25 PM
Try playing live and you can use who you want to close.  Otherwise accept that you are allowing a computer to make decisions based on Math.
11/9/2010 2:45 PM
How does this s**t keep happening? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.