Thinking about trying my first theme league. However, I am not sure what it means by "U-Pick AAA". Can someone explain how this works in the drafting procedure? Also what can be expected from "WAA" or "below average AAA"? Thanks! 
11/17/2010 12:48 AM
The classification for AAA is a dollar range. I don't know the exact ranges (someone no doubt will come along that does).

After you draft you 25man roster, an expanded draft area will magically appear, and you can select your AAA players. All players not in the classification range are automatically blacklisted, so anything you see, you can have.

Sometimes its helpful to see what is available in the AAA database before you draft your 25man roster. You can accomplish this by simply uploading a predetermined team (like the 2010 Angles for instance) and jumping right in to the AAA. Then erase the crappy Angels and draft who you want. I can't remember if the AAA players are erased as well when you do that, so you might want to write them down.
11/17/2010 2:47 AM
WAA AAAs can be as high as @ $9.6 mil (06 Lajoi)....don't draft someone on your 25 man roster that you can get off the "u pic em" list. Excellent relief pitchers are readily  available if your therme uses Way Above Avg players. You can always get a few positions from the Batters in WAA AAA and many RPs.

Most all classifications of AAA below WAA are crap shoots....not many starters in there.
12/1/2010 9:06 AM
Once you clear your roster of say the 2010 Angels, yes the AAA will disappear. Easy enough to write them down before re-working your roster. (Learned this one the hard way.)
12/1/2010 1:04 PM
stfrancis, that is the best screen name on earth. may I ask why you chose it?
12/1/2010 4:44 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 12/1/2010 4:44:00 PM (view original):
stfrancis, that is the best screen name on earth. may I ask why you chose it?

St. Francis liked birds and birds liked him and I think birds are nice.

Actually my old university was St. Francis Xavier in Antigonish Nova Scotia, much more boring answer
12/2/2010 1:27 AM
St.Francis Xavier's feast day is tommorrow, thanks for the nice answers, peace and all good!
12/2/2010 1:28 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.