JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

My Penn St team was 0-6 for following my gameplan on 3rd down.
11/17/2010 8:16 AM
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:09:00 AM (view original):
The update is new give them time to fix the bugs.
You don't use seasons people have paid money for to "fix the bugs"!  That $hit should've been done before it was released!
11/17/2010 8:17 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Some of these bugs is going to decide who wins the National Championship.
11/17/2010 8:19 AM
Posted by phoenix01 on 11/17/2010 8:17:00 AM (view original):
You don't use seasons people have paid money for to "fix the bugs"!  That $hit should've been done before it was released!
They fixed all the bugs they could in the beta but nothing goes as expected.  People need to realize that.  The designers probably knew they were going to have bugs in the first couple days given the size of the population who play the game. Not to mention the different offenses and defenses everyone is using. Jconte and the rest can only test their own custom made offenses and defenses also the AI's.  They can't test everyone's so that's why their could be bugs.  This is also why they gave everyone 5 bucks credit.  Give these guys some time and slack.  Also, get the freaking update sometime.  Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was this game.
11/17/2010 8:23 AM
Fix what bug??????

I'm running out of the I on 3rd and 12 and 3rd and 14????  I have that set to always pass!!!!  And then after calling my timeouts I take a knee on 3rd down to end the half when near mid-field and trailing by 3???????  And to top it off I'm losing to a sim I should be crushing!!!!

Sent a ticket/compliant.  Let's see what they say.

11/17/2010 8:26 AM
Posted by plague on 11/17/2010 8:19:00 AM (view original):
It's just a game?  Honestly does winning the GD National Championship give you any personal gratification outside the Whatifsports community?  Do you stand in line at a restaurant or at the DMV and complain about the line because you won the GD National Championship?
11/17/2010 8:26 AM
I am not going to cut them slack. I could care less about the $5 credit. 1 loss can be the difference between winning the NC or not playing in the NC. They never beta tested it, they tested it internally.
11/17/2010 8:27 AM
Posted by plague on 11/17/2010 8:27:00 AM (view original):
I am not going to cut them slack. I could care less about the $5 credit. 1 loss can be the difference between winning the NC or not playing in the NC. They never beta tested it, they tested it internally.
See my post above about "It's a game".  Also an internal test is nearly a beta just without the players of the game testing it.  They still could only test what they had.
11/17/2010 8:30 AM
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:26:00 AM (view original):
It's just a game?  Honestly does winning the GD National Championship give you any personal gratification outside the Whatifsports community?  Do you stand in line at a restaurant or at the DMV and complain about the line because you won the GD National Championship?
WTF you talking about. If I wanted to go to a restaurant I will go to a restaurant. If I am going to play a game I am going to play to win. I didn't  spend hours recruiting so I can have some screw up recruiting or some jerk telling me it's just a game.
Seems like the base offense is being run even when the detailed plan is set...
I have sent in a ticket asking for my seasons to be refunded that I have remaining. I'll try HBD again. I'm done. I'm not paying them to fix their bugs. My Rice team has great backs, so they get 14 carries and the WR, TE and QB get 9. What a bad joke.
11/17/2010 8:33 AM
Posted by plague on 11/17/2010 8:30:00 AM (view original):
WTF you talking about. If I wanted to go to a restaurant I will go to a restaurant. If I am going to play a game I am going to play to win. I didn't  spend hours recruiting so I can have some screw up recruiting or some jerk telling me it's just a game.
What I'm talking about is why people like yourself get so frustrated over a game.  A game that means nothing in the outside world and in the whatifsports world.  The point of the game is to have fun.  And you need to relax, it's a game!  No one put a gun to your head and forced you to play it.
11/17/2010 8:38 AM
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:38:00 AM (view original):
What I'm talking about is why people like yourself get so frustrated over a game.  A game that means nothing in the outside world and in the whatifsports world.  The point of the game is to have fun.  And you need to relax, it's a game!  No one put a gun to your head and forced you to play it.
I'm glad you made this point.  I have a half-*** product I'd like to sell and you seem like the perfect person to buy it.  Whatever people choose to do with their discretionary income is important to them.  If they take issue with investing REAL time, effort, and energy and watching it get ****** down the drain, I think they've got a right to speak up.

FWIW, this is just a forum for a stupid internet game.  If you care as little as you claim, run along and let others convey their disgust with this product.
11/17/2010 8:43 AM
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:38:00 AM (view original):
You are frustrating. Of course no one put a gun to my head and forced me to play. However I put forth a lot of time into this game, and when someone comes a long as says its just a game it dismisses the time I put into this game. As much damm time as I spent building a team, I am damm well going to be mad when I could of got the same results by spending no time and flipping a coin.
11/17/2010 8:43 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.