*For New Players*: Mentor List Topic

Posted by tkimble on 1/29/2011 10:14:00 PM (view original):
If you're up for mentoring a new guy along and showing him the ropes, just reply.   I will maintain the list...

Here are the coaches willing to mentor, just click on whichever name looks good and in the bottom left hand corner there is a button that says "send a sitemail."  You can ask them any questions you want, including incredibly personal and inappropriate ones, although those may not be answered.

bhansalid00
tkimble
brip87 / brianp87
bscoresby
dahsdebater
oldresorter
jetwildcat
udm_mike
gopokes24
rockafe11a
lmschwarz
jdno
girt25 / daalter
colonels19 / diablo11?
isack24 / ike1024
jamespastine
acn24
jbrewman1
jskenner
haasdr / summerteeth
jpmills3 / john_mills
coachuk
davis
Weena
jenningss
bbunch
bigtexhawk
alblack56
wronoj
swiners
uglyskunk3
pitino27
courtmagic
swiftwsutdwoelflin07
gomaimi1972
pdanao
catjuggler23
bjken3
pumphead
chichisteve
aejones
bighairyarab
reinsel
addyyy
ohyesyouwill
arssanguinus
i will
2/22/2012 9:55 AM
anybody interested in being my mentor?
2/24/2012 2:25 PM
I am looking for a mentor, have experience playing GD.
2/29/2012 9:50 PM
For the guys asking for mentors, i strongly suggest you reach out to a mentor.  Not a whole lot of the mentors check this list, so I would find one who is in the same world as you and sitemail them. 
3/1/2012 1:23 AM
I'm willing to mentor someone. Just send me a sitemail.
3/7/2012 8:48 PM
I'm willing to mentor.  I have no NC's, but when it comes to turning a trash program (at DIII at least) into one that consistently makes the postseason within 2-3 seasons, that seems to be my specialty.
3/24/2012 12:17 PM
I'm looking for a mentor and have yet to be responded to by any possible mentors I contacted. If anyone is willing to help me out please contact me. Thanks guys!
4/4/2012 6:54 PM
jbatt, I sitemailed you yesterday.
4/9/2012 3:28 PM
Looking for a mentor, played this several years ago but i forgot mostly everything I used to do.
4/12/2012 4:35 AM
Newb here - and I have a couple questions about running half court press/man-to-man defense. Any mentors out there have success with it that have time to answer a few questions?

Let me know. Thanks!
5/10/2012 7:39 PM
not a newbie...... but could def use some help wit my boys in Crum....... trying to get my coaching resume back to the better portion of it....
5/10/2012 9:17 PM
I'm happy to mentor and exchange ideas on how to win.  I've not won a NC in any worlds yet (other than the NIT version), but I can teach you the basics and how to build a program with an A prestige.  I have much more experience in division II and III.  I would also love to speak with anyone who has won a championship and is willing to share some secrets to help me get over the hump and take my programs to the next level. 
5/12/2012 10:07 PM
i have reached out to mutiple to no avail, is this list current? and if your a mentor reading this, would like a little advice if your willing to help!!!
5/19/2012 1:04 PM
A little advice to those wanting to be mentored: when you sitemail someone who you would like to mentor you, please do not just say "mentor me" or "give me tips to get better."  Rather, come to your mentor with specific questions, you will learn a lot more if you create a two-way dialogue instead of just saying "teach me."
5/19/2012 4:24 PM
I suggest you pick a mentor and ask  specific questions. I was a 20 year real world retired coach and was going to try this for one season. My team went 23-7,won the
Conference Tournament and went to the NT with 3 seniors and a C- Prestige. I will shortly be in 3 worlds and hanging around for a while. I'm hooked.

A large part of my first season success was because of a mentor on this list. I can't give his name because he is probably swamped already,  but I probably would not have made it past the first year wiithout him. Thank you for starting this thread. Coaches, use these mentors. They will definitely make you better. 
5/21/2012 7:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
*For New Players*: Mentor List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.