Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

"Harden is kind of meh"

Poke fail. Feel free to add something of substance.
12/19/2011 9:25 PM
I'm sorry does the #3 player taken in the 2009 draft even start? no he's a scorer off the bench playing behind Thabo Sefolosha

12/20/2011 8:53 AM
So what? He can still score. Manu Ginobili came off the bench for most of his career, and nobody said he was meh. Harden is too good to be looked over. Sure, he's still developing, but any team would be glad to have him.
12/20/2011 11:45 AM
DeShawn Stevenson started over Jason Terry as well.

Turns out felonius isn't trying to poke, he's just a ******* idiot.
12/20/2011 11:54 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/20/2011 11:54:00 AM (view original):

Kevin McHale came off the bench for the 84-85 Celts.  Good players have often come off the bench so they could create a mismatch in the second unit.

**** now I am agreeing with stinenavy....smh whats this ******* world come to.
12/20/2011 5:44 PM
Harden's pretty rad
12/20/2011 5:47 PM
Fear the beard! Fear it!
12/20/2011 6:37 PM
i think if they re-did the 09 draft it would go

Blake

Curry

Harden
Holiday
Lawson
Tyreke (hard to place him imo)
Collison
Taj Gibson
Jennings (another guy that's hard to place)
Roddy Beaubois

and then a bunch of other guys

So picking Harden #3 seems about right, although he could end up 4th-6th best when all is said and done.
12/20/2011 9:29 PM
I don't know, harden has just as much upside as Lawson and Holliday...

I am a little biased though. I have a man crush on James Harden. (everyone has one, but is anyone man enough to admit it?)
12/20/2011 9:33 PM
Yeah, that's why I ranked him #3.  It's just close enough such that not many crazy things need to happen for him to be surpassed, and I guess some might argue that Holliday and/or Lawson should be ranked higher now.
12/20/2011 9:41 PM
Okay, I gotcha. Lawson is probably the best of the three right now, but harden is not too far behind. And, in all honesty, I think he will jump out and take the lead this year.
12/20/2011 9:57 PM

because he was a bench player who was 12 seasons into his career and never played defense?

yeah good call - it's exactly like that

except they used a #3 on Harden 3 drafts ago - good for them, they drafted a 33 year old Jason Terry!

and this just in, you seem to think that a 33 year old Jason Terry is worth the #3  pick in any NBA draft (and you're calling me an idiot?)
12/20/2011 10:47 PM (edited)
Posted by malone9975 on 12/20/2011 5:44:00 PM (view original):

Kevin McHale came off the bench for the 84-85 Celts.  Good players have often come off the bench so they could create a mismatch in the second unit.

**** now I am agreeing with stinenavy....smh whats this ******* world come to.
actually he started like 30 games because Cornbread  got hurt and only played like 50 games

AND ALSO Sefalosha is totally a great cognate for Cornbread Maxwell because of how he's also a past finals MVP and has been a significant contributor on 2 title teams right? (McHale was playing behind Some Body - Harden is a bench scorer, sorry but that's what he is, he's not playing behind a finals MVP, he's just playing behind some guy - if he wasnt then they wouldnt already be using him that way)
12/20/2011 10:46 PM
Sefolosha's not starting because he's better than Harden, nor is OKC disillusioned to believe so.  Rather, they have 2 mega high usage guys in their starting lineup and a bunch of defensive role players, so it only makes sense to stagger the scoring a bit and bring him off the bench.

A much more comparable situation would be Ginobili playing behind Roger Mason (not that Harden is quite on Manu's level at this stage of his career).
12/20/2011 11:01 PM
If the Aldrich of tonight is for real I am very excited.
12/21/2011 3:01 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...18 Next ▸
Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.