Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

Blowout game in which Pau and Bynum both seemed engaged. Sessions looked like a potted plant compared to Westbrook. Interested to see the adjustments the Lakers make.
5/15/2012 8:07 AM
Sulking about a 1-1 series and then one of the biggest chokejobs imaginable happened.
5/17/2012 12:31 AM
yep, lakeshow crapped the bed
5/17/2012 8:41 AM
Could easily be 3-1 Lakers. Lakers murdered with the offensive boards and extra possessions. Kobe decided to shoot long jumpers in the 4th, Bynum and Sessions disappeared, and Pau would rather throw outlets to a wide open defender instead of take an open 8 footer.

Hard to believe something wasn't wrong with the floor, at least in the first half, as there were five guys that slipped.

Great win, and I fully expect the Lakers to roll over and die in Game 5.
5/20/2012 3:37 AM
Cha-Ching! Gotta love ending the series early and especially vs the Lakers. Spurs have the Thunder/Sonics number for the better part of 10 years. Not sure what the recent record is but I'm sure it's brutal and I remember one of the Thunder's wins being in the last game of the season where the Spurs rested everyone.

Will probably see a lot more small ball in this series with Durant at the 4 guarding one of the Spurs frontcourt shooters. Cook should get some more minutes and Nazr should be stapled to the bench.
5/22/2012 3:37 AM
Speaking of shooters...  Dudes emptying clips on ladies?  Stay classy out there.
5/22/2012 10:45 AM
congrats to the Thunder
5/22/2012 11:02 AM
Westbrook impressed me with his energy and attitude.  The guy's a freak (in a good way).
5/23/2012 10:08 AM
Posted by ashamael on 4/25/2012 1:33:00 AM (view original):
I'm not saying he's as good as Scottie Pippen (far from it).

But he certainly could be the Pippenesque role to Durant's Jordanesque one.  Now they just need to get a real point guard that feeds the best player in the conference the ball instead of a Gilbert Arenas or Allen Iverson wannabe.  I don't care how much the OKC fans say he's improved, Westbrook is a poison.  Let's see what happens in a tight playoff series where he's struggling and it's crunch time.  Will he do the right thing and dish to someone who isn't sucking shooting the ball or will he force something up?

Until he shows otherwise, I'm sticking by my position that he shoots too much when he shouldn't.  Take all of the regular season games where he did well against the Cavs & Hornets of the world and throw them out of the equation.  I want to see what he does in an elimination game, fourth quarter, down (or up) by 2.  I've seen what he did last year.  Let's see who he is now.  Right now I see a guy who has a higher usg% with a much lower efg% than probably the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league... on the same team.

[edit] I'll be proud to eat my words if he shows he's matured.

On a side note... I wonder how much Durant would score if he had CP3 running the point instead of Westbrook.
"Poison" Westbrook has been quite good to say the least. 2nd in the playoffs among starting guards in FG% (Ty Lawson) while being 6th overall in PPG.
5/23/2012 1:17 PM
5/24/2012 8:49 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/23/2012 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 4/25/2012 1:33:00 AM (view original):
I'm not saying he's as good as Scottie Pippen (far from it).

But he certainly could be the Pippenesque role to Durant's Jordanesque one.  Now they just need to get a real point guard that feeds the best player in the conference the ball instead of a Gilbert Arenas or Allen Iverson wannabe.  I don't care how much the OKC fans say he's improved, Westbrook is a poison.  Let's see what happens in a tight playoff series where he's struggling and it's crunch time.  Will he do the right thing and dish to someone who isn't sucking shooting the ball or will he force something up?

Until he shows otherwise, I'm sticking by my position that he shoots too much when he shouldn't.  Take all of the regular season games where he did well against the Cavs & Hornets of the world and throw them out of the equation.  I want to see what he does in an elimination game, fourth quarter, down (or up) by 2.  I've seen what he did last year.  Let's see who he is now.  Right now I see a guy who has a higher usg% with a much lower efg% than probably the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league... on the same team.

[edit] I'll be proud to eat my words if he shows he's matured.

On a side note... I wonder how much Durant would score if he had CP3 running the point instead of Westbrook.
"Poison" Westbrook has been quite good to say the least. 2nd in the playoffs among starting guards in FG% (Ty Lawson) while being 6th overall in PPG.
"until he shows otherwise..."

I was about ready to say that he's matured and is the guy they need, then I witnessed game 2 vs the Spurs.  Parker was straight raping the Thunder, and Wastebrook seemed to decide that it was some personal duel between the two... and in the process, I saw him chuck up bad shot after bad shot.  Meanwhile, Durant was hitting everything he flung towards the rim.

He's still the same guy.  He's just behaved a little better versus some crap teams (sorry to say the Lakers are crap, but they were).
6/2/2012 3:04 PM
Another great game all-around. Close-out game on Wednesday.
6/5/2012 2:01 AM
well now i'm really hoping that the c's heat series continues to mimic spurs-thunder
6/5/2012 9:32 AM
MADE THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BOSTON!
6/7/2012 3:42 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/7/2012 3:42:00 AM (view original):
MADE THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BOSTON!
I think you'd rather play the Heat.
6/7/2012 1:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...18 Next ▸
Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.