Asstrodome: The Hofheinz Legacy Topic

I'm sick of seeing Astrodome teams. I ran a series of 6 or 7, and all except one made the playoffs. One team won 121 games.

Now I've moved on, but WIS leagues are infested with Astrodome teams. They're easy to build, if you know what you're doing. The stadium lends itself to certain strategies more than most others, even Petco.

I'm also tired of facing Greg Maddux and Pedro Martinez in every other game.

So, I'm looking to field fewer and fewer teams, and limit my play to leagues with real drafts and exclusive players, and limits on stadium usage (especially ones that rule out the Asstrodome).
11/22/2010 8:29 PM
Looks like Themes are in your immediate future.
11/23/2010 7:51 PM
I've been playing themes almost exclusively for awhile. I'm just going to get more selective and stop wasting time on the same old stuff...
11/23/2010 8:14 PM
Yeah, I don't get why people complain about seeing the same players/stadiums all the time, when you can solve that problem instantly by playing themes/progs. 

I've played exactly 3 OLs and 3 CLs in the last 3 years.  I have to space them apart or I get bored as hell playing those owners with the roman numerals in their team names, ha ha.

[SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT)

doubletruck, I'll be going to the forums with  Season 14 of Random Captain in early December.  Fun league, 100M cap, and you rarely see two instances of the same player/stadium.  redwingscup is a regular in that one, too.  Give it a try!
11/23/2010 10:15 PM
I get tired of seeing the same people in the forum........got a shameless solution for that one?
11/24/2010 1:38 AM
Go back to /b/
11/24/2010 8:37 AM
Crazy, can second the fun of your plugged league... thanks! Looking forward to the next Captain season.
11/24/2010 10:48 AM
Asstrodome: The Hofheinz Legacy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.