Gold Glover Jeter, Best SS Evah!!!, robbed of MVP Topic

Yup.  Jeter does something wrong, it's ignored.  Always has been that way.
4/7/2014 3:09 PM
If it was ignored, I wouldn't be talking about it, would I?

A career of doing things right will give you some leeway but, it's the home opener, so it seems like an inopportune time to watch your non-homer.
4/7/2014 3:19 PM
True.  I mean "media" more than anything - they drive the "Jeter is a saint" train.
4/7/2014 3:27 PM
I think there's plenty of Jeterhate out there.   I don't expect we'll see much of it this year but, as you know, there are plenty of people who've been willing to talk about his fielding in an unflattering manner.   For years.
4/7/2014 3:33 PM
His fielding was never any good. Saying so isn't hate, just the truth.
4/7/2014 3:49 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/7/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Oh, how right you are.

BY RONALD BLUM
AP SPORTS WRITER

NEW YORK (AP) -- Derek Jeter arrived for his last Yankee Stadium opener fashionably early at 9:35 a.m., attired in a gray suit, white shirt, purple tie and black Prada lace-up shoes.

His performance, if not stylish, was memorable.

Jeter missed a home run by about 2 feet in Monday's 4-2 win over the Baltimore Orioles. After he left the batter's box slowly leading off the fifth inning, the ball hit off the "8" in the 318-foot sign in the left-field corner and Jeter hustled into second with a headfirst slide.

"I had to pick up the pace a little bit," he admitted. "Yeah, there were some guys laughing - until a couple of them hit some balls and the wind got them, too."

It was a rare mind cramp for a player known for hustle and an unfailing ability to be in the right place.

"Maybe you get caught up in opening day," he said. "You probably haven't seen it, probably won't see it again. But what can you (do)? I was safe. It would be a lot more embarrassing if I was out."

4/7/2014 10:08 PM
LOL, he forgot to hustle.  That's funny!

FWIW, Solarte did a bat flip and posed on a flyout later...got the impression a lot of balls didn't travel as far as you'd think.
4/8/2014 9:17 AM
Point is, it's not ignored as you claimed.    People notice.
4/8/2014 9:26 AM
Yea, but it's played off as "that's funny." And they'll continue that "always does the right thing" mantra.
4/8/2014 9:56 AM

As I said, I don't think he's going to get much grief this year.   But people do notice.  

4/8/2014 10:25 AM
Here goes another 50 pages of hot crap.
4/8/2014 12:04 PM
I'm not biting.  There's nothing else to say.
4/8/2014 12:14 PM
I'm sure BL will say something....
4/8/2014 12:14 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/7/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):
"Overlooked" probably would have been a better word. This obviously isn't ignored.  But like, yea, it happened, but whatever. He's Derek Jeter!

I get one time not hustling doesn't mean anything. But the guy who say "he always does the right thing" overlooks the times he doesn't.
4/8/2014 12:17 PM (edited)
I didn't overlook it.

nomar, I blocked BL so there won't be "another 50 pages of hot crap" again.   Discussions with him is a massive waste of time and a tad embarassing that it took me as long as it did to realize it. 
4/8/2014 12:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...31 Next ▸
Gold Glover Jeter, Best SS Evah!!!, robbed of MVP Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.