Base stealers not attempting any steals with a 5 Topic

I have 2 base stealers on my team. Neither of them has attempted to steal even though their advanced base stealing setting is set at 5 from the beginning and has not been changed.  I checked the play by play of the games and yes there were opportunities to steal. What do I need to do?
11/25/2010 12:28 AM
If it matters, the managerial settings were left at the default of 3.
11/25/2010 12:31 AM
I simulated some games in the Sim Matchup area and now the bases are being stolen.
11/25/2010 12:39 AM
what is the sim matchup area?
11/25/2010 9:05 AM
At the top of this screen there is the heading SimMatchup. Try it, you'll like it.
11/25/2010 10:29 AM
Posted by partsdriver on 11/25/2010 12:28:00 AM (view original):
I have 2 base stealers on my team. Neither of them has attempted to steal even though their advanced base stealing setting is set at 5 from the beginning and has not been changed.  I checked the play by play of the games and yes there were opportunities to steal. What do I need to do?
Give your team more time? Sounds like a small sample size issue. 5 does not mean go "every time" it just means "much more often then in real life".
11/25/2010 7:02 PM

Stolen bases will depend on a number of factors:
(1) Stats:
(1a) SBA/ 100SBO (this generally needs to be >20 for a base stealer to be much use in an OL)
(1b) SB/SBA (I recomend finding guys >.75 or>.80)
(2) Settings
(2a) Steal setting (should be on 4 or 5 to get use from your best guys)
(2b) Hit and run (failed H&R plays become SB attempts)
(2c) Line-up position (#1, #2 and #7 guys steal alot in most line-ups, tho I think this is in part because the runer or manager takes into account the stats of the player batting and on-deck)
(3) Situation
(3a) In game situation including score
(3b) catcher's arm/ pitchers cs%

11/26/2010 10:58 PM (edited)
Base stealers not attempting any steals with a 5 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.