Do Rookies often win championships? Topic

Posted by buddhagamer on 11/26/2010 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Bilfert on 11/26/2010 8:51:00 PM (view original):
I would say that most rookies that win a Championship are old users using new usernames.
Well not this guy, but I almost blew that first WS up 3-0 and let my opponent come within a few outs of winning 4 straight for an epic collapse...
Yeah, I was that guy.  You had a beautiful range team and won around 120 in the regular season, though you spent a mint on Jake Daubert and I've never gotten him to do for me what he did for you.  Horace Clarke, on the other hand...
12/21/2010 10:29 PM

Thanks for all of the replies to my post.  It gives me a real perspective on what it takes to win.   Since i posted this I am on pace to win 90 games and am 2 games out of first in my division.   unfortunately no one could have possibly told me that this was the Addie Joss league, and that 85% of the pitchers i would face are right handed against my right-handed line-up.   After a total redue of my left-handed homer addicted pitching staff, and discovery of " The Rookie that can actually play".  I am now pround of my stream-lined, waiver-wired 69 million dollar payroll.

12/22/2010 8:03 AM
I have been here almost 11 months now. I have 12 seasons played with 4 playoffs, 1 final, no championships. My first team was all fantasy studs (Canseco, Gant, Foxy Ryne Sandberg, IROD, etc...) and I lost 100 games. I am learning. I know alot about baseball from 15 years doing Roto and I'm named after Mickey Mantle (Dad wanted a boy).

I am still trying to decifer all the numbers. I am addicted to this game. You will be too.
12/22/2010 12:38 PM
My son, baseballbat, won the WS with his first team. He was age 10 at the time.
12/23/2010 12:32 PM
do you mean "do rookies often WIN championships"? Otherwise i don't understand the question as postured.
12/23/2010 7:17 PM
Good one, grizz.
12/25/2010 1:29 AM
Posted by grizzly_one on 12/24/2010 2:49:00 AM (view original):
it happens a lot more these days then in the old days.

Why?  You guess.
You should say THAN in the old days.
12/26/2010 10:50 AM
No offense, and not to deter you from trying, but honestly speaking, the chances of a rookie winning a WS with his first team has to be slim to none.  It is extremely rare, but not totally impossible.  Who knows?  You might be one of the lucky ones.  So go for it and don't worry about what anyone else thinks, including me.  
12/26/2010 4:24 PM
Posted by Bribar on 12/23/2010 12:32:00 PM (view original):
My son, baseballbat, won the WS with his first team. He was age 10 at the time.
Wow, congrats! For the interest of this discussion, did you help him much? Either way, way to go converting the yoof to SIM sports. Hopefully the success will go to his head and he'll keep playng for a good long while.
12/27/2010 4:04 PM
◂ Prev 12
Do Rookies often win championships? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.