Does the SIM "use" pitchers' 2B, 3B against (.slg) Topic

Or does the SIM instead "use" only hr/9 as a kind of overall shorthand for opposing batter power?  I ask since I am sometimes surprised by what SIM doesn't know (and I).  And I don't notice .ops in pitcher advanced stats...
11/26/2010 1:29 PM
The lower the ERA, hits allowed and HR allowed are, the better they will do at limiting extra base hits.

http://www.whatifsports.com/devchat/devchat.asp?chatid=65
11/26/2010 2:04 PM
I thought that one of the updates in the past few years eliminated ERA as a factor of 2B/3B rates. While a pitchers OAV will play a factor in hits allowed obviously, 2B/3B were determined solely by the hitter (and park and normalization obv.). I was never sure if pitchers with good hr/9 rates and/or negative homerun parks would turn those homeruns in to outs or 2B/3B or some combination of both...
11/26/2010 2:22 PM
Does the SIM "use" pitchers' 2B, 3B against (.slg) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.