Extreme league -- Pitching vs. Hitting Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'd sign up for that
12/3/2010 1:35 AM
How about I take an all offense team and the rest of you tards take a pitching team?
12/3/2010 1:57 PM
12/3/2010 2:50 PM
In general winning the game is mostly about efficient and well-built offenses.  In this case I don't think offense can compete though.  The real pitchers will be the only players in the league who aren't fatigued.
12/4/2010 3:52 AM
I wouldn't recommenbd random alignment - I'd hate to have the only pitching team in a league of hitting teams, or vice versa ...
12/5/2010 7:04 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 12/4/2010 2:54:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea which team would be better off.  You're right though, the only players that won't be fatigued are the real pitchers, who'll face OL-level offenses half the time and tired scrubs the other half.  Whereas if you go with a hitting team, you have to either dilute it with tons of PA for your starting 8, or use your backups a lot in blowouts (big leads, however, wouldn't be safe, since your pitchers of course are 0% scrubs). 
Don't need "tons" of pa's - only about 7700 (or 12 players with 642 each).
12/6/2010 7:56 AM
Posted by elbirdo on 12/6/2010 7:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 12/4/2010 2:54:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea which team would be better off.  You're right though, the only players that won't be fatigued are the real pitchers, who'll face OL-level offenses half the time and tired scrubs the other half.  Whereas if you go with a hitting team, you have to either dilute it with tons of PA for your starting 8, or use your backups a lot in blowouts (big leads, however, wouldn't be safe, since your pitchers of course are 0% scrubs). 
Don't need "tons" of pa's - only about 7700 (or 12 players with 642 each).
You could draft about 7000 and basically keep every hitter at 100% (because you get a 10% bonus and the PA is capped at 6 per game with regards to fatigue).
12/8/2010 11:19 PM
12 Next ▸
Extreme league -- Pitching vs. Hitting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.