Variable league size Topic

I know this has been suggested before, but I'd like to bump for emphasis and in hope of fresh consideration. 

I would love to see the option of running leagues with 8 and or 12 teams.  Currently, there is basically no way to start a progressive league (or run a one-off league) prior to about 1970.  Also, I've seen multiple attempts (six, at least) over the past three years to fill all-ABA leagues, and they all plateau at 12 or less.  

If this is a relatively easy adjustment for WIS staff to make then I would think it's a no-brainer.  Otherwise, it's just revenue lost and a certain amount of ongoing frustration for those of us who want to be able to use older players who have no place in the vast majority of leagues due to low Efg%, high fouls, low ast%, etc.

Thanks for any consideration you can give this.  And I'd welcome thoughts from other users.
12/8/2010 3:54 PM
Agree wholeheartedly.
12/9/2010 10:51 PM
12 or 16 team leagues would be good imo.
12/9/2010 11:00 PM
8, 12, and 16...I'm all for them
12/9/2010 11:01 PM
Bump.  This is still a Very Good Idea.
1/9/2011 2:18 PM
I agree to...this is one of the reasons that I went into my vitriolic rant on the prior thread.
1/9/2011 3:54 PM
bump
2/10/2011 2:21 PM
Easy money, gentlemen.
2/25/2011 10:08 AM
Love the idea.
3/26/2011 2:21 AM
Bumpity-bump.
7/22/2011 11:08 AM
I agree, 12, 16, 20 would be awesome. Let's get simbasketball on the map!
8/5/2011 1:32 AM
It is obvious that this would require work...and the admins are making it more clear that they aren't interested in work
8/5/2011 8:47 AM
Posted by malone9975 on 8/5/2011 8:47:00 AM (view original):
It is obvious that this would require work...and the admins are making it more clear that they aren't interested in work
Work is money lol. If they want the money they'll do the work!
8/5/2011 12:03 PM
Posted by snydpie on 8/5/2011 12:03:00 PM (view original):
I remember when I thought it was that cut and dry, but now I know that they would rather see the entire basketball sim die.  WiS only cares about dynasty games and baseball.  The lack of care for the site has probably forced 10-20 very good owners out of the sim over the last 3-5 years.
8/5/2011 2:35 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 8/5/2011 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by snydpie on 8/5/2011 12:03:00 PM (view original):
I remember when I thought it was that cut and dry, but now I know that they would rather see the entire basketball sim die.  WiS only cares about dynasty games and baseball.  The lack of care for the site has probably forced 10-20 very good owners out of the sim over the last 3-5 years.
Not to mention all of the potential users who might be encouraged by a more vibrant and active population of players, and less homogeneity in the open leagues (where most players get their start).

They are missing a big opportunity with this game. While the statistical engine isn't perfect, overall I think it does a pretty good job aside from a couple issues (too much randomness, mainly) and provides a simulation that is close enough to realistic to not be silly while still putting up big enough stats to make it exciting. It's the perfect game for those who are turned off by the complexity of the baseball SIM, yet don't want things to be too simple. Enough stats and things to consider that it takes a while to get really good at, but not so many that it can't be grasped by most relatively quickly. This game could and should have a broad-based appeal, especially among NBA fans, but they put absolutely no effort into it at all. A little publicity, some actual effort in working with users to make the game better, and honestly just a few minor tweaks overall (like the one suggested here), and this game can not only reverse its gradual decline but rise to new heights.

It's just a shame no one at WIS (or Fox, whatever) seems to be interested in doing that.
8/5/2011 2:47 PM
123 Next ▸
Variable league size Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.