Which guy would you prefer as a PH? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'd go with Braggo - his OPS is higher and in my mind will accomplish more things I would want in a PH.  With his higher batting average and slugging %, he'll drive in more runs late in a game should people be on base.  If he pinch hits with no one on base, he can get an extra base hit, which late in a game when you need a run is certainly more valuable than a walk. 

My thoughts anyway...
12/21/2010 10:30 AM
I agree.....he has a better chance to put the ball in play, which can lead to all sorts of things!
12/21/2010 10:45 AM
Roth would be my choice too... same thoughts as frazz with respect to the SLG, plus he balances out your lefty/righty bench better. The higher PAs also play to his advantage. Go with Roth.
12/21/2010 11:09 AM
Roth's OBP isn't horrible, and his pop could certainly make the difference you want in a PH, IMHO.
12/21/2010 11:41 AM

Depends on how you think this PH will be used. If he'll mostly be swapped for the pitcher, I'd take's Borton superior ability to get on base. If it's late innings when you're playing for that one run, Roth should be your man.

Another reason to like Roth is the extra speed. If your PH gets on base in a critical situation, you'll want the decent 73 speed Roth offers instead of the Molina-ish 50 speed offered by Borton.

12/22/2010 1:35 PM
Which guy would you prefer as a PH? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.