The right is destroying America Topic

And the irony of it is , they are destroying America in the name of America's greatness.
12/31/2010 5:22 PM
I tend to believe the wrong are destroying America.
12/31/2010 6:04 PM
The right is wrong.
12/31/2010 6:06 PM
The Democrats have had  a virtual lock on the House of Representaives since the 50s. In that time the Debt has gotten larger and the government has gotten larger and taxes have gotten larger.

All spending starts in the House.

The Democrats are Destroying America!
1/2/2011 7:23 PM
It takes the House, Senate and President to pass spending bills.  Any spending bill that has been introduced by a Democratic House can be voted down by a GOP Senate or vetoed by a GOP President.  Bush and Reagan both had the benefit of controlling at least one chamber of Congress during the majority of their presidencies, yet they both ran up record deficits.

You're attempt to blame the Dems for Reagan and Bush's deficits fails simply because they could have stopped any runaway spending proposed by the House.

Try again.
1/2/2011 8:05 PM
The Senate and the White House have swapped sides. The Supreme Court is always centrist. The only clear pattern is the Dems have almost always controlled the House.

They have created a pattern of solving everything by throwing money at it. It is hard to say no to free stuff.
1/2/2011 10:47 PM
True or false, the Senate has equal voting power on spending bills????

True or false, the President has veto power over spending bills????
1/2/2011 11:04 PM
I am not saying they had absolute power. I am saying that they were always there. Slowly over years they turned America from self-reliance and Free Enterprise into welfare nanny-state!
1/3/2011 3:07 AM
That still doesn't explain the soaring debt this country got itself into during the Reagan and Bush years.
1/3/2011 10:45 AM
No, but look at all the trite cliches he worked into that response.
1/3/2011 12:54 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 1/3/2011 12:54:00 PM (view original):
No, but look at all the trite cliches he worked into that response.
No arguing with that.
1/3/2011 1:15 PM
Posted by creilmann on 1/3/2011 10:45:00 AM (view original):
That still doesn't explain the soaring debt this country got itself into during the Reagan and Bush years.
After the post Vietnam gutting of the American military we needed a build up to respond to and defeat the Soviet Menance.

After the Clinton gutting of the military to balance the budget it needed a build up to respond to the Global Islamic Terror threat.
1/3/2011 5:52 PM
I guess we accept my analysis of the reasons for the up tciks in the debt.

And the clear pattern of spending increases all during the Democrats control of the House.

And the Liberal gutting of the military both post-Vietnam and durng the Clinton years...We can move on.

Did anyone notice during the Rose Bowl the Anouncers always refered to the team with the abbreviation TCU and almost never its full name. They never reffered to Wisconsin as WU. I wonder why....

Could it be that the network didnt want its announcers to say the word Christian?
1/6/2011 4:26 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 1/6/2011 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Well, you rarely hear anyone say the University of Southern California in broadcasts either.  Maybe the network dosen't want it's announcers to say Southern?  Or maybe it's just an acronym used because saying the entire name of the university every time it's called for is ungainly.  It's a nation of abbreviation.  People can't even say Virginia Tech...its VAh Tech.  Can't say application on their phone, they have to say app.  Hell kids can't even take the time to spell out "for".

What did Bush's unpaid for Medicaid bill have to do with military spending?  Another example of over the top defecit spending.  It's odd that the two things you think of when you think of Bush and Reagan are war.  Kinda telling if you ask me.

You dont hear Southern Cal? It isnt that they used it most of the time. I didnt hear them say it at all after the game started. Multiple times they said "The University of Wisconsin".

Bush spent in areas he shouldnt have. He was very concious of his image with the left. I hope the next Republican President learns from his mistakes.

1/6/2011 1:14 PM
12345 Next ▸
The right is destroying America Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.