The right is destroying America Topic

Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 1:14:00 PM:
He was very concious of his image with the left.

Wrong, on two different levels.
1/6/2011 1:41 PM
Love him or hate him you have to admit that. except for the war where he always put the nations interests ahead of his own,  Bush was always concious of his place in History.

Medicare and Immigration are 2 issues where he tried to go to the Center left.
1/6/2011 1:48 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 1:48:00 PM:
except for the war where he always put the nations interests ahead of his own
Wrong.
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 1:48:00 PM:
Medicare and Immigration are 2 issues where he tried to go to the Center left.
Wrong.

1/6/2011 2:09 PM
Dont explain your statements at all. Dont even say what you mean is wrong.
1/6/2011 4:55 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 4:26:00 AM (view original):
I guess we accept my analysis of the reasons for the up tciks in the debt.

And the clear pattern of spending increases all during the Democrats control of the House.

And the Liberal gutting of the military both post-Vietnam and durng the Clinton years...We can move on.

Did anyone notice during the Rose Bowl the Anouncers always refered to the team with the abbreviation TCU and almost never its full name. They never reffered to Wisconsin as WU. I wonder why....

Could it be that the network didnt want its announcers to say the word Christian?
Claiming a victory because we're all sick of answering to your idiotic claims and questions?

We didn't need a military build-up to defeat the Soviets, the collapse was internal and had nothing to do with the US.  But it was nice to build up the military so we could defeat Grenada.

You probably don't watch much college football because if you have, you would know that announcers have always used TCU instead of the whole name.
1/6/2011 5:13 PM
1 Yes. If you stop fighting I win. If I stop fighting the terrorists win.

2 The military build up is what caused the collapse. They couldnt keep up. Was it really just a coincidence that after 80 years they collapsed right then?

3 I admit freely I cannot ever recall watching a TCU game. Why does TCU have this power? I have hear Southern Cal instead of USC. They said Michigan State all the time during their game. I really believe that ir makes them uncomfortable to say Christian.
1/6/2011 5:52 PM
Quote post by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 5:52:00 PM:
If I stop fighting the terrorists win.

Wow. Just wow. Even MikeT, Chad Ochocinco, Glenn Beck and the entire cast of Jersey Shore find your delusions of grandeur embarrassing.
1/6/2011 7:59 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 5:52:00 PM (view original):
1 Yes. If you stop fighting I win. If I stop fighting the terrorists win.

2 The military build up is what caused the collapse. They couldnt keep up. Was it really just a coincidence that after 80 years they collapsed right then?

3 I admit freely I cannot ever recall watching a TCU game. Why does TCU have this power? I have hear Southern Cal instead of USC. They said Michigan State all the time during their game. I really believe that ir makes them uncomfortable to say Christian.
2.  Sorry it wasn't us; oil prices, Solidarity, technology were a few of the lynchpins for the fall - had nothing to do with Reagan and his military build-up.  But keep believing that Reagan was the main factor - that way you feel like you've beaten back the terrorists.
1/7/2011 12:37 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 4:55:00 PM (view original):
You never pay attention when anyone explains to you why you are wrong about anything, you just keep repeating your wrong arguments even after they've been discredited. It would be wasted effort.
1/7/2011 1:54 AM
Posted by antonsirius on 1/7/2011 1:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 4:55:00 PM (view original):
You never pay attention when anyone explains to you why you are wrong about anything, you just keep repeating your wrong arguments even after they've been discredited. It would be wasted effort.
It never fails to amaze me that you think that you telling me I am wrong makes my positions discredited.

1/7/2011 2:24 AM
Not what I said, fucktard.
1/7/2011 10:29 AM
If someone whose opinion isn't worthless wants to ask why I think your statements are wrong, I'd be happy to answer them.
1/7/2011 11:57 AM (edited)
why, couz?
1/7/2011 11:39 AM
Oh, sure. The classic Christmas movie swamp should have been citing during the suburbs debate with creil was not It's a Wonderful Life but Miracle On 34th Street, which features John Payne trying to convince Maureen O'Hara that she should give up her soulless, manless existence in Manhattan and join him as part of a traditional nuclear family out in Long Island. Even little Natalie Wood hates their downtown apartment with the killer 8th Avenue view and longs for the suburban life, making it her Christmas wish to Santa, who of course grants her wish and they all live happily ever after.
1/7/2011 3:28 PM
Posted by creilmann on 1/2/2011 8:05:00 PM (view original):
It takes the House, Senate and President to pass spending bills.  Any spending bill that has been introduced by a Democratic House can be voted down by a GOP Senate or vetoed by a GOP President.  Bush and Reagan both had the benefit of controlling at least one chamber of Congress during the majority of their presidencies, yet they both ran up record deficits.

You're attempt to blame the Dems for Reagan and Bush's deficits fails simply because they could have stopped any runaway spending proposed by the House.

Try again.
Make sure and ID Bush the lesser. 

Our govt does work best when it is stagnated by no clear majority.
1/7/2011 4:06 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The right is destroying America Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.