The right is destroying America Topic

The interesting part about movies set in NY are that they never really reflect housing costs. A mid-level management from Macy's wouldnt live in the same complex as a lawyer unless there was rent control. She could not afford market rates for that apartment.

So the government was hurting the suburbs by lowering rent costs...of course not. It would be crazy to say that!
1/7/2011 4:08 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/6/2011 5:52:00 PM (view original):
1 Yes. If you stop fighting I win. If I stop fighting the terrorists win.

2 The military build up is what caused the collapse. They couldnt keep up. Was it really just a coincidence that after 80 years they collapsed right then?

3 I admit freely I cannot ever recall watching a TCU game. Why does TCU have this power? I have hear Southern Cal instead of USC. They said Michigan State all the time during their game. I really believe that ir makes them uncomfortable to say Christian.
UCLA, LSU, U of L (in Kentucky it is rarely called Louisville), KU, UK, NYU, BU, A&M, OU, MIT, RPI, etc etc etc... Maybe the stupidest thing you ever said. They have no problem saying St,John, St Louis, Holy Cross etc etc etc...  and nobody outside would assume MSU is Mich state just like no one would assume USC refers to South Carolina.
1/7/2011 4:17 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/7/2011 4:08:00 PM (view original):
The interesting part about movies set in NY are that they never really reflect housing costs. A mid-level management from Macy's wouldnt live in the same complex as a lawyer unless there was rent control. She could not afford market rates for that apartment.

So the government was hurting the suburbs by lowering rent costs...of course not. It would be crazy to say that!
Actually, rent controls hurt urban housing by artificially reducing the supply of urban housing, thereby raising rents throughout the city.  Yet another government benefit for the suburbs.  Thanks for bringing that up Swamp as I completely forgot about it.
1/7/2011 4:19 PM

You're not accounting for whatever she got as part of the divorce settlement, which may well have included the apartment itself. Nice try though.
1/7/2011 4:49 PM
Posted by creilmann on 1/7/2011 4:19:00 PM (view original):

Actually, rent controls hurt urban housing by artificially reducing the supply of urban housing, thereby raising rents throughout the city.  Yet another government benefit for the suburbs.  Thanks for bringing that up Swamp as I completely forgot about it.
Let me get this straight...

A law that forces people to not raise the rent causes rent increases?

1/7/2011 5:26 PM
Posted by antonsirius on 1/7/2011 4:49:00 PM (view original):

You're not accounting for whatever she got as part of the divorce settlement, which may well have included the apartment itself. Nice try though.
Actually nice try goes to you. To make up a divorce settlement as a possible defense of rent control is genius. Carl Rove would be proud!
1/7/2011 5:27 PM
I'm not mounting a "defense of rent controls", fucktard. The fact that you and Occam aren't on speaking terms doesn't mean the rest of us can't avail ourselves of his Razor from time to time. 
1/7/2011 5:49 PM
UCLA? Come on swamp, you just can not ignore that and pretend no one noticed it. You are such a pathetic boner!
1/7/2011 7:03 PM
1/7/2011 7:09 PM
The Fox Network is so opposed to government they will not allow their broadcasters to use the name State and keep referring to LSU.
1/7/2011 9:39 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 1/7/2011 7:03:00 PM (view original):
UCLA? Come on swamp, you just can not ignore that and pretend no one noticed it. You are such a pathetic boner!
I can see UCLA because there is no real short version. TCU is Texas Christian.

This isnt a monster issue. It isnt the end of the world. It just seemed odd that no one called it Texas Christian during the game.

I believe 100% that it was the issue of the word Christian. That either a concious decision was made, or the annoucers felt funny saying it.

1/8/2011 4:17 AM
I believe 100% that you are the Crown Prince of Retarded!
1/8/2011 5:07 AM
Posted by rcrusso on 1/8/2011 5:07:00 AM (view original):
I believe 100% that you are the Crown Prince of Retarded!
So are you so opposed to this idea because you think it isnt true, that even if it is true that it doesnt matter or just because I brought it up?
1/8/2011 5:42 AM
So your theory is that the network that gave us non-stop Tim Tebow coverage can't bring itself to even use the word "Christian"?  Fascinating.
1/8/2011 8:45 AM
You mean Tim "They will not run a Christian commercial" Tebow.

How many times do they mention his Christianity? Do they treat it like a sacred belief, or a curiousity? Like he is some kind of freak?
1/9/2011 5:33 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The right is destroying America Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.