Catcher out of position help!!! Topic

If you have any bench players, just set one to come in as a replacement when up/down by so much. Should save you enough PAs to keep him in the 90s without compromising many games. Any game actually started by an OOP player at catcher is almost a sure loss. If it ever comes to that, you may as well go all in and start all your backups and let a mopup throw a complete game.
1/16/2011 11:00 PM
thats_nice, I agree with mixtroy.  Seems like you have a lot of options.  Are you playing in an OL?  If so, you automatically get one AAA catcher.  Does your league use AAA players at all?  You could trade one of your AAA pitchers for a AAA catcher to someone whose starting catcher has enough PA's that he doesn't need a backup, although few owners are willing to give up their reserve catchers.  Or you can go the WW and spend half a million to a million bucks or so for a catcher with 100 PA's.  Just make sure he has a decent arm. 
1/17/2011 12:11 PM
It's obviously a theme league with no AAA WW or trades. I was told that when I got my Hall of fame status I'd be given permission to make inseason drafting changes. Grrr. Boogerlips thats exactly what i've done. Thx. I think I should be OK.

For what it's worth here's his line so far. 2006 Dave Roberts OF A+ B- 67 innings 1 error .982 FPCT (error did not lead to a run), 10 SB, 0 CS, 16 PB,  his CERA is only .2 pts above Variteks. 4.7 - 4.5

1/17/2011 12:36 PM
Any game actually started by an OOP player at catcher is almost a sure loss.

Not so!  So far I've started 2010 Ben Francisco 3 times at CA in a 90M theme league, and won 2 of the games.

whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx

9 PB in the 3 games, but only 2 SB against.
1/17/2011 1:24 PM
Sorry, missed a game:

Make those totals 3 wins out of 4 starts, only 2 SB against, and 10 PB.
1/17/2011 1:57 PM
◂ Prev 12
Catcher out of position help!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.