Did not know that - thanks.
2/16/2011 10:15 AM
Something to consider when looking at world pops. People can argue the number are at or above pre engine update numbers, BUT and it is a big BUTT. 

How many coaches are actually active and how many care? I know this number can't not be fully counted or figured.  cravedogg at Texas in Leahy has stopped recruiting. Sure he is listed as an active coach. In reality he is not active and doesn't care. He is not alone. It seems like the morale an interest has gone down much more than just listing the active number of coaches. It is only a matter of time when we see more coaches leaving.

Coaches corners are dead. The forums are dead. Vets that once helped new players are gone. Vital information has vanished and is no longer avaialbe to new players.  The forums once filled with information are now just a sounding board comparing the old and the new.  no one can actually say what to do with the new engine. Some make general statements, but can't back anything up. Others say the game is still being tweaked. Wonderful, all this means is anything learned is irrelevant. We do know the game has flipped 180 degrees from an all running game to an absurd all passing game. Instead of 3 yards and a cloud of dust it has gone to 70 yards and a bolt of lightening. Sacks, Safeties, and Special teams. Let me not forget to mention the corner stone of every team. "The Punter" i only wish we could convert RBs to punters and fake punt!!

2/16/2011 10:28 AM
Posted by buffalo_rob on 2/16/2011 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Something to consider when looking at world pops. People can argue the number are at or above pre engine update numbers, BUT and it is a big BUTT. 

How many coaches are actually active and how many care? I know this number can't not be fully counted or figured.  cravedogg at Texas in Leahy has stopped recruiting. Sure he is listed as an active coach. In reality he is not active and doesn't care. He is not alone. It seems like the morale an interest has gone down much more than just listing the active number of coaches. It is only a matter of time when we see more coaches leaving.

Coaches corners are dead. The forums are dead. Vets that once helped new players are gone. Vital information has vanished and is no longer avaialbe to new players.  The forums once filled with information are now just a sounding board comparing the old and the new.  no one can actually say what to do with the new engine. Some make general statements, but can't back anything up. Others say the game is still being tweaked. Wonderful, all this means is anything learned is irrelevant. We do know the game has flipped 180 degrees from an all running game to an absurd all passing game. Instead of 3 yards and a cloud of dust it has gone to 70 yards and a bolt of lightening. Sacks, Safeties, and Special teams. Let me not forget to mention the corner stone of every team. "The Punter" i only wish we could convert RBs to punters and fake punt!!

Well put. There seems to be a lot of veterans who are hanging around just to use up their reward points and free seasons as well. If nothing major is changed, I truly believe all the worlds could be under 200 in a few seasons.
2/16/2011 10:45 AM
Bryant is down to 300 coaches for this season. Wilkinson DI-A is as empty as I've ever seen it.
2/17/2011 7:38 AM
Keep in mind guys, if the people leaving are long time veterans with lots of points to cash in, GD won't really care that they are gone- in fact, it might be they wanted it that way.  The interesting question is how many $10 a season guys are there still out there?
2/17/2011 8:24 AM
Posted by captainpud2 on 2/17/2011 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Keep in mind guys, if the people leaving are long time veterans with lots of points to cash in, GD won't really care that they are gone- in fact, it might be they wanted it that way.  The interesting question is how many $10 a season guys are there still out there?
There are a couple problems with this argument. First, if the people that have rewards are leaving, then newer people are just going to get the rewards instead, though they have been drastically reduced. Someone will always be playing for free, whether it's the people playing now or the people who take over when they leave. Also, it's beneficial for them to have more people in the world. Players don't want to compete against a computer...if they did, they could just buy NCAA 2011 or whatever. They want to compete against other players. Getting rid of the people that are currently playing for free makes it so there are less people in the worlds, making it a less enticing product.
2/17/2011 9:02 AM
Posted by nelsonba25 on 2/9/2011 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Here's what I have for world populations. I've actually been impressed how most of the worlds are still filling and am hopeful they stay at least over 350. I think Dobie and Hayes look like they're going to continue to go down the tubes. If anyone has populations I don't for pre-update, let me know.

I will post updates when worlds start recruiting. I find this all interesting.

Pre Update
Year 1
Year 2
Year 3

Rockne
Camp
Bryant

Wilkinson

Leahy

Stagg
Warner
Heisman
Dobie

Hayes
Yost

Total

Bryant at 300
Yost at 293
2/17/2011 10:12 AM
Having veteran players leave your game is very costly. Word of mouth is one of the main ways of bring in new players. Word of mouth is becoming very silent.  As a world empties even the newbies eventually become disheartened and the game just isn't fun. Once someone finds a new site to go to then the exodus will be swift, word of mouth will spread and worlds will empty even faster. 

I just cashed a bunch of reward points in for Amazon.com GCs. This costs WIS money, since I am leaving the game how are they saving? 

If people are spending their points to play HBD then how are they saving? Sure HBD is doing well, but don't you think WIS has money invested in GD? GD becomes a cash burden and HBD doesn't make anymore cash, because an influx of GD players are playing for free. 

nelson is 100% correct. There are still people winning the GD reward points and someone will be playing for free. How again are they saving? It would seem to me the cost of running the game engine is pretty fixed. It would be the same if 300 people are in a world or 600 people. The only difference would be the reduction in reward points and the revenue generated. The loss of revenue would be reduced by a far greater number than the reduction of reward points. 

Did I say GD will become a cash burden? 
2/17/2011 10:30 AM
Seems to me WIS should invest in a good punter. They may be punting GD right down the toilet. 
2/17/2011 10:33 AM
I left WIS completely and I was a $10 a season player, with the occasional free season mixed in.
2/17/2011 12:24 PM
At the start of new coach signups in Dobie the total world pop is at 202.  Just under 1/3rd.  I doubt it will get back to the pre-update 222.
2/18/2011 9:34 AM
Posted by captainpud2 on 2/17/2011 8:24:00 AM (view original):

I really think they wanted the "freeloaders" gone. That is too bad, just because they learned the game the best and had tons of reward points doesn't mean they should be kicked out. The real fun challenge was to try and build a team to beat the legends.
2/18/2011 10:46 AM
In another two seasons, Dobie will be pretty much a ghost world...
2/18/2011 11:10 AM
wilkinson is at 221 in the middle of new coach sign ups. Want to say the end of season number was around 290+.
2/18/2011 2:14 PM
It was at 297. Looks like Wilkinson and Dobie could be below the pre-update numbers.
2/18/2011 4:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.