Has AAA dropped off that much? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think it's more bad luck. I've been getting some usable AAA position players lately, seems they're always the guys with D, E or F stamina. Pitching has been horrible for along time now. Anybody who is reasonably good has few RL innings pitched, and they're far and few between. AAA SP seem to be better than AAA RL. general observations.
1/14/2011 1:20 PM
I had pretty good AAA in an OL that just wrapped up the regular season (sorry, can't figure out a way to copy and paste their stats here).:

www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/playerstats.asp

Of course, I traded for 5 of them.  In most OLs you'll find several owners who just won't use their rookies.  It's worth it to ID everyone else's AAA and send some offers out.  Someone's bound to accept.

1/14/2011 1:34 PM
I'm in 2 leagues with Below Average AAA and those have gotten worse. One just started and both pitchers are under $300k.
I dont have a problem with declining AAA i think they are too significant, however we should know what's going on and not be surprised by sudden changes.
1/14/2011 3:37 PM
A current prog team of mine with below average AAA landed 1983 Byran Oelkers, an actual 200K scrub (35 innings, ERC# 9.59).  I've never had a rookie that bad before.  Then again, according to Merkle's AAA - Just the Charts thread, below average rookie starting pitchers range from 200-950K (200-700K for relievers), so maybe it's not that the rookies are getting worse, maybe it's just bad luck.
1/15/2011 12:42 AM

I'm playing an OL team right now in Petco and lucked out with the 1926 Ty Cobb as my AAA OF.  Which prompted me to do something I almost never do - hit the waiver wire for something other than dropping my 200K scrubs.  I dumped one of my original starting OFs, picked up a part-time Xavier Nady to platoon with Cobb, and used the rest of the money to upgrade my rotation.

That said, this is the only time in recent memory that I've had a AAA player good enough to try to work into my starting lineup.  You occasionally get a gem, but I sure wouldn't bet on that as a strategy.

1/16/2011 10:36 AM (edited)
6 months ago, I ended up w/ the Lloyd Waner who batted .359 in 300 ab's......That was pretty good, but other than that, I havent seen anyone special
1/16/2011 10:30 AM
Has AAA dropped off that much? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.