Main Stats For Hitting? Topic

In leagues and in especially theme league's I may try charting my offensive players on paper with the following stats:

avg.
obp.
1b/100
2b
3b
hr
sb/cs
so/bb
def(a-,b)

should I add fielding percentage? also go with 1b/100# instead of 1b/100? The chart should help me when chosing a lineup vs. left handed and right handed pitchers, pitchers that give up hr, and also help in certain ballparks where for instance triples are high. Would any other stat be helpfull to add to the chart? Thanks once again for your help!
1/27/2011 10:52 PM
I might opine that we can overthink this thing, but any intelligent thought and analysis we put into this should result in improvement of our teams. We just have to be certain that the info is valid, methods correct, and correctly evaluating the results. The most basic issue in this game, to me, is whether or not dead ball era pitchers are in the league.
1/29/2011 7:46 AM
I think you should read the forums.  You have asked a complex question with more than one component.  If you are serious about winning, I would take a couple hours and troll through for useful info.
1/29/2011 11:20 AM
It is easier to look at the players on paper than to keep opening up each individual player every game to see for instance how many triples,singles,hr's they hit and so on.  This is especially helpfull and fun in the katts 60/20 WAA AAA league where you have so many players and options to go with.
1/29/2011 3:55 PM
What are you trying to accomplish?
1/29/2011 6:33 PM
If I chart a team on paper with some of the stats above it will be easier to make the lineup than looking up each player before the game. Alot of my gameplan is righty lefty matchups which I know to some of you do not mean that much for me its fun to make a lineup out with that in mind. Not to mention on the train ride to work I can check out my doods stats. I just wanted to know for instance if a player was playing in a singles ballpark what stat I should chart his 1b/100ab or the # stats.
1/30/2011 11:12 PM
Actually there is no point in my post, since you can click on your team and get all these stats.  It will work for a 60/20 AAA league though where all the stats are not listed.  I finally figured out an answer to my own question. I have no clue!
1/31/2011 11:29 PM
Main Stats For Hitting? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.