I have started playing SIM Basketball again for the first time in about 2 years.  The most glaring issue to me (and there are a few) is the frequency of 4 point plays.  There is at least one in every game I play and today my opponent had 3 of them.  I wrote to "Customer Support" to get some answers on this.  Here's what I got in response:

1/14/11

"I'll pass this issue along to the development team for further investigation."

I followed up on 1/19/11.  This was the response:

1/20/11

No updates at this time.

I have heard nothing since.  Is it me, or are they completely blowing me off?  They must realize this is a flaw but don't want to admit it.  I followed up again today.  Can't wait to hear the "response" I get.   

1/31/2011 9:22 PM
No you can wait.  This is WiS Basketball.  If this was baseball or a dynasty game you would have had an update two weeks ago.  This is basketball and you will get a response the next time they blow up the sim.
1/31/2011 10:03 PM
Here's the "response" I got:

"We gather feedback and suggestions and use that information to help shape future changes to the games. The plan for a particular game depends on priorities and resources. We'll make an announcement if changes are coming, so visit the forums from time to time to check for any information. Thanks."
1/31/2011 10:11 PM
There are many glaring flaws with the sim.
Unfortunately, they don't care.
2/1/2011 12:49 AM
I'm sure the sim determines that there was a foul while shooting without taking into account that it's a 3pt attempt and lowering the foul chance.

There has not been an update in almost three years, so it will not get fixed anytime soon.
2/1/2011 11:46 PM
Posted by ncih on 2/1/2011 11:46:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure the sim determines that there was a foul while shooting without taking into account that it's a 3pt attempt and lowering the foul chance.

There has not been an update in almost three years, so it will not get fixed anytime soon.
I think you might be wrong on that.  The positioning system effects fouls... so I believe the knowledge database is wrong/out of date on this.

Most people keep positioning at 0... so any three or any paint shot has a higher chance of drawing a foul.  If you lower it to -1 (or further), that goes up on any mid range and any three.  Same thing if you raise it to +1 for mid range and paint.

That's why paint/bomber teams were so effective over the last two years.
2/2/2011 4:43 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.