Sorry about all of the questions guys but I'm not finding everything in the searchable FAQ's.  I'm probably not searching right though.

A few questions about the AAA in an open league:

How do you send a player down to AAA?  The only way I've seen is when you bring a player up you are asked which player to send down.  Is that it?  I had brought up a AAA pitcher to fill an open roster slot and to make a spot start.  Is there a way to send him back down to open up the roster spot again?

Also, is your AAA roster limited to the original seven?  I noticed that it indicates that these are your top AAA players so wondering if lower caliber guys are added to your AAA roster once it has thinned out from activations, trades, waives, whatever.

Thanks again.
2/1/2011 9:39 AM
Yes that's the only way to send a player down. Yes you can call them up and send them down. Players sent down must wait 3 games before being recalled. You get your 7 and that's it.
2/1/2011 9:50 AM
So then it sounds like I made a mistake by calling up a AAA guy to an open roster spot. In other words, I now only have six instead of seven in my AAA and I can't get that seventh slot back. Is that right?
2/1/2011 10:18 AM
If you're in an OL, you get 8 AAA (6 batters, 2 pitchers).

It's possible to get an open roster spot by making an uneven trade, or by dropping a player to the WW without picking another player up...
2/1/2011 10:50 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/1/2011 10:50:00 AM (view original):
If you're in an OL, you get 8 AAA (6 batters, 2 pitchers).

It's possible to get an open roster spot by making an uneven trade, or by dropping a player to the WW without picking another player up...
Thanks Crazystengel.  Yeah, my bad on the number of AAA.  But my question remains, if my AAA roster is down to 7, is there any way to get it back up to 8, or am I stuck at 7 max?
2/1/2011 11:21 AM
You're given 8.  The only way to go below that number is to make an uneven AAA trade (say, a 2 for 1 deal).   If you didn't do that, then you still have 8  rookies, and I assume one of them is in the minors.  The only way you wouldn't be able to bring him up is if you're trying to send down a "real" player whose salary would push you over the limit for the minors (I believe it's 8M), or the transaction deadline has passed (it's at the 120 game mark).  Otherwise I can't see any reason that you wouldn't have access to your 8th rookie.

2/1/2011 12:02 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/1/2011 12:02:00 PM (view original):
You're given 8.  The only way to go below that number is to make an uneven AAA trade (say, a 2 for 1 deal).   If you didn't do that, then you still have 8  rookies, and I assume one of them is in the minors.  The only way you wouldn't be able to bring him up is if you're trying to send down a "real" player whose salary would push you over the limit for the minors (I believe it's 8M), or the transaction deadline has passed (it's at the 120 game mark).  Otherwise I can't see any reason that you wouldn't have access to your 8th rookie.

I'm not explaining it well I guess.  I had 8.  I had at one time earlier waived a player on my roster without picking up a new player so I now had an open roster spot.  I now called up a AAA guy who filled the open roster spot leaving my AAA with 7.   I had planned to send the pitcher back down to AAA but if I'm to understand correctly I can only do that if I bring someone else up from AAA to replace his major league roster spot.  Therefore, I now have a max of 7 in my AAA.  Make sense and is that right?

Thanks again

2/1/2011 12:06 PM
Oh, okay.  I see what you mean now.  You have 7 "spots" in the minors (not necessarily rookies). 

I'm not sure what the problem is, then.  Why would you want to have one more player sitting down in the minors?

By the way, you know you can send down your scrubs and call up all your rookies, right?  The rookies will have a combined actual salary of around 8-12M, so it's worth it to draft 8 200K scrubs and send them down permanently in order to bring up all your AAA.
2/1/2011 12:12 PM
Just concerned with having enough innings and pa's to get me through the season, so by losing a AAA "spot" I now have less depth, one less guy to call on for a spot start short stint to rest a full time position player.

Still trying to understand your last tip.  Are you saying that the AAA guys are better than the 200k scrubs I drafted???
2/1/2011 3:32 PM
Yes, they are.  Check this thread:

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

For example, the real value of AAA batters in OLs ranges from  $1,575,000 to $2,599,999.  Some of them are decent (usually E and F stamina), some of them are crap (usually the ones with A or B stamina).  But even the crappy ones are good filler.  It's well worth your time to identify exactly who they are and get the most out of them.
2/1/2011 3:46 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/1/2011 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Yes, they are.  Check this thread:

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

For example, the real value of AAA batters in OLs ranges from  $1,575,000 to $2,599,999.  Some of them are decent (usually E and F stamina), some of them are crap (usually the ones with A or B stamina).  But even the crappy ones are good filler.  It's well worth your time to identify exactly who they are and get the most out of them.
Wow, awesome link.  Thanks again crazy.  I had no idea that the AAA guys were from the actual player db.  Just figured they were sim generated cannon fodder. 
2/1/2011 3:55 PM
You dont have one less *spot*, the 8th guy is on your regular roster.
Since you have already waived a guy, go to the waiver wire and claim someone - that would force you to send your 8th AAA guy back down to the minors.
2/1/2011 4:20 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.