Obvious Cheating W85 - Do we just ignore? Topic

I hate the min/max bid policy that was put in a few years ago. It doesn't stop the blatant cheaters (Teams in Japan in World 80 a few years ago colluded the same way). And it hurts some players will never be worth the maximum bid allowed for them. I have some good players signed to great deals, and I would never sell them for the maximum bid. But if there was no maximum, and someone offered 4x the maximum because they have the money (like in real soccer in Europe), I would think about it. FCD is only running because it gets traffic to the website. They gave up on it years ago.
6/2/2013 8:57 AM
Posted by cal_bears on 5/23/2013 9:30:00 PM (view original):
This is happening in World 59 right now between Lions in England's league, and a new team in Italy's league.  The Italian team has bought 5 mediocre players from Lions at max transfer.
That's not *necessarily* cheating. It could be that he saw five players that he liked on that team and decided to go after them, and being a new player, it could be that he's just not experienced with the game yet and thought he needed to put down max transfers on everyone in order to get them. It could be cheating, but from what I read here, it could very well not be cheating.
6/5/2013 9:20 AM
It's not the max transfers aspect.  It's that the transfers all happened in the first day "week" of the team showing up in the Italian league, and then making these transfer offers all to the same team in the England league, without asking for transfers of any OTHER team.  The max transfer part is just icing.  Definitely cheating.
6/9/2013 2:34 PM

World 85 -  Brazil - Division 1 Season 31 - Week 1  
Week Player Pos New Club Prior Club Fee
1  Pope, M F  PELE FC  Houdini FC $680,000
1  Pope, M F  Houdini FC  PELE FC $3,400,000
1  Guevara, S D  PELE FC  PVFC $414,000
1  Guevara, S D  PVFC  PELE FC $2,069,000

The cheating continues in world 85... the site that used to promote fair play has gone down hill.
6/18/2013 9:12 PM
◂ Prev 12
Obvious Cheating W85 - Do we just ignore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.