How is the WW set up ?  Are they all the same for all leagues at the same time ? 
2/1/2011 6:55 PM
Same for all leagues. 
2/1/2011 7:01 PM
Can multiple teams pick up the same player before the next game starts?
2/1/2011 11:17 PM
I believe Spring Training teams have a seperate WW, but other than that it is the same.
2/2/2011 1:14 AM
Posted by chisox378 on 2/1/2011 11:17:00 PM (view original):
Can multiple teams pick up the same player before the next game starts?

No.  Once a player is picked, he comes off the wire and is not available to anyone else from the same or any other league.

2/2/2011 4:59 AM
I just entered a pre 1900 league (first time) and I believe there are only 7 player/pitchers  on this WW.  I wish the WW could be set to contain more or all players from the specific years your league is setup for.  This is a huge computor, with enormous capabilities.
2/2/2011 10:39 AM
What I think is really cool is clicking on a player's recent games after waiving him.  You can see what he is doing for his new team.
2/4/2011 2:30 PM
Does Waiver Wire ever work?  I rarely play in league with WW and never play in OL's.  It always seemed that by the time you needed waiver wire, it was too late.  Seems like a way to keep owners with losing teams still interested.
2/4/2011 3:07 PM
I turned a sub .500 team into a playoff team with the ww......I had 2 useable AAA's and the let me shuffle my roster around a bit.
2/4/2011 3:12 PM
Posted by Bilfert on 2/4/2011 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Does Waiver Wire ever work?  I rarely play in league with WW and never play in OL's.  It always seemed that by the time you needed waiver wire, it was too late.  Seems like a way to keep owners with losing teams still interested.
Yeah, it can work.  If you have 200k bodies lying around who can be replaced with rookies, they're just cash.  Depending on how you draft (in an OL, for example), you can just have an extra $2 mil or more to spend.  Are you old?  [Checking...]  You're old enough.  Picture the old-style Wheel of Fortune prize-buying spree they used to have.
2/4/2011 8:29 PM

The WW can be your best friend or your worst enemy, because I've turned a few losing teams playoff teams using the wire and have sometimes gotten creamed using the wire. I generally only use it to pickup low PA high production players in exchange for dead weight $200K scrubs, but I also have no problem dumping a an expensive supposed good player that I drafted who is underperforming. For example, I recently dumped 15 Cravath who was hitting about .220 and with few HRs at nearly the halfway point of the season for 1899 Buck Freeman who promply hit about .320 and clubbed many HRs. For me personally, success using the wire is more a matter of identifying the right player for your team in relation to the kind of player you want to dump. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But the key is to be patient and pick your spots wisely.

2/5/2011 3:42 PM
I just picked up 1899 Buck Freeman off the WW with a team that was struggling after 40 games and he hit .310 with about 120 RBI in 120 games and carried me to the playoffs.  With every team I dump six 200K scrub hitters and two 200K scrub pitchers and use the extra 1.6M + to WW a respectable relief pitcher, and I take my time waiting for one.
2/8/2011 4:03 AM
I was dumping all my players in the first few leagues I was in and using that money as you said, cbalt, in the WW, but now I am running into min. plate appearances which I guess is the reason I cant drop these players any more.
2/8/2011 11:34 AM
I remember my first couple of teams, I was dumping everybody after a losing streak and ended up with about $12 mil in WW transactions. lol  Nonetheless, I still usually lead every league I'm in in WW transactions.  But the difference now is that I use it wisely.
2/10/2011 6:57 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway.  When you drop a player, is that player immediately put on the waiver wire or is there like a 30 minute delay?  It seems that when I drop a player I don't immediately see him on waivers.  But if I check again in an hour or so he may or may not be there.  Do some dropped players never make it to the waiver wire? 
2/27/2011 1:24 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.