Posted by cwillis802 on 2/27/2011 1:24:00 AM (view original):
Maybe a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway.  When you drop a player, is that player immediately put on the waiver wire or is there like a 30 minute delay?  It seems that when I drop a player I don't immediately see him on waivers.  But if I check again in an hour or so he may or may not be there.  Do some dropped players never make it to the waiver wire? 
I believe the WW gets updated at half past the hour-- or at least it used to.  So, yes there is a delay, tho not fixed.
2/28/2011 12:00 AM
Another Waiver Wire question.  Do players on the Waiver Wire ever get discounted? In other words, say Silver King who usually costs say $30 million is dropped to the waiver wire.  King sits on waivers for 2 days.  Does his cost drop say to $28 million so that he becomes more of a bargain? 

Along these lines, do players drop off of the waiver wire after some time has passed and nobody has picked them up? 
2/28/2011 8:58 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.