About Petco Park Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1. 3b/100ab
2. walks
3. speed
4. sb%

That's how I would go.
2/1/2011 9:09 PM
triples are good to have at Petco. no doubt about it. but are there really enough triples to call it the #1 or #2 most important factor? draft triples hitters when it's a close call but I wouldnt sacrifice much to get more triples.
2/1/2011 9:15 PM
That's not a bad group of hitters for that park. I've had luck with the 1943 Rudy York, a nice 1st baseman at Petco that has nice power when on the road. The 2006 Jose Reyes and  especially the 1984 Dave Collins are Petco monsters.
2/1/2011 10:35 PM
harry davis and heine reitz (sp?)

If you choose high triple guys you can get about 25 in  a season.

There is a difference between high OBP and guys who walk.  

You don't need "great" pitching in Petco, you just need less of it.  Mediocre pitchers will do well.   Overspending on pitching in a pitchers park sees diminished returns in my opinion.
2/1/2011 10:45 PM
Funny, I had much more sucess in Petco and Safeco when I backed off of obp a bit for avg.  IMHO, what you really want is OBP without high slugging, a strategy which generally leads to basestealer types.
2/2/2011 1:13 AM
& one more would you guys not think that it is a good idea to have at least one power guy SLG.500+.Not really for Petco but for some of the road parks???

2/2/2011 7:25 AM

With the cash I have left looking @ 1985 Willie Mcgee or 1929 Babe Ruthfor batting cleanup.Willie has the great speed good to great triples SW hitter & range.Babe is just straight up power would be great in road HR parks.I am thinking Willie but Babe at cleanup even in Petco 150+ rbi 35 hr??

2/2/2011 8:09 AM
I'm putting together a team for Petco.  So far, I have Yadier Molina at C-- basically to stop the other teams' running game-- Grace at 1b, Fernando Vina at 2b, Concepcion at SS, Joe Crede at 3b(for righty power), and an OF of Al Bumbry, Paul Blair, and Ted Williams(for lefty power.
2/2/2011 4:18 PM
I think I will run with this playing Reyes out of SS & in RF THE LINEUP FOR MOST THE SEASON WILL SWITCH BIP & REYES IN THE PLAYOFFS

#1 1999 OMAR VIZQUEL SS
#2 2006 JOSE REYES RF
#3 1992 BIP ROBERTS 2B
#4 1985 WILLIE MCGEE CF
#5 1914 STEVE EVANS 1B
#6 2007 CHONE FIGGINS 3B
#7 1974 GENE TENACE C
#9 1981 TIM RAINES LF

2/2/2011 4:43 PM (edited)
That's ASSUMING you make the playoffs.
2/5/2011 3:47 PM
12 Next ▸
About Petco Park Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.