About Petco Park Topic

some of us plebians still have to try to make the playoffs ;)
2/6/2011 8:21 AM
Not to criticize because that certainly is a very good team but I'd thnk about choosing Raines from '85 or '86 instead of Mcgee (he's cheaper and always produces for me).  And I'd choose 1899 Buck Freeman and put him at 1b (defense be damned)-how many triples would he hit for the season?
I've never used Petco.....but I'm thinking maybe I should give it a try....
2/6/2011 12:46 PM

Well if D be damned what about 1912 Chief Wilson then?

2/6/2011 1:01 PM
Great choice, but for 1b Freeman will give you more HR.
2/6/2011 1:12 PM
Posted by redsox1966 on 2/6/2011 12:46:00 PM (view original):
Not to criticize because that certainly is a very good team but I'd thnk about choosing Raines from '85 or '86 instead of Mcgee (he's cheaper and always produces for me).  And I'd choose 1899 Buck Freeman and put him at 1b (defense be damned)-how many triples would he hit for the season?
I've never used Petco.....but I'm thinking maybe I should give it a try....
Ok so who do you think would be better at catcher then Gene Tenace with the A+ arm 600+pa & cheap??

2/6/2011 1:13 PM

I'd go with Tenace. 

2/6/2011 1:19 PM
Wow already playing 2006 Jose Reyes out of SS & in RF then Freeman out of position @ 1st.Maybe to much Amycox turned me on to 1914 Steve Evans check his numbers.Very close to Freeman less HR but doubles & triple close plus higher AVG & OBP & way better glove

2/6/2011 1:40 PM
I've never used him but Steve Evans has good performance history.  Check out 1901 Buck Freeman- he has better stats (other than triples) than Evans and he's cheaper and as good defensively.  I only suggested the 1899 version since you were looking for high volume triples.
Good luck!
2/6/2011 1:55 PM
Yes I that he does have some great numbers but that is why I said some thing about 1912 Chief Wilson.Boy he really has some great triple numbers.

2/6/2011 1:57 PM
P.S your Soxs are loaded for next season tell the Yankees to wave bye bye to you early in the season LOL

2/6/2011 1:58 PM
I played an all triples team in Petco. Had some deadball pitchers. I remember not making the playoffs.
2/6/2011 3:16 PM
I would take Ruth over McGee.  In general you want to fit the park as well as possible, but the rest of your offense does that quite well and since the price update I find McGee to be massively overpriced.  '29 Ruth will rake in any park if you can afford him and I think he's a much better buy regardless of where you play.
2/7/2011 2:05 AM

Well I'll take the other side of the McGee and Ruth coin. The last 2 times I used the 29 Ruth at Wrigley and Atlanta, he was outplayed by Gavvy Cravath. Whereas, 3 out of 4 times I used McGee at Target Field he won the MVP award. I always thought Ruth would outhit everyone in an open league... I've been proven wrong.

2/7/2011 10:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 12
About Petco Park Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.