Radical idea for a new league Topic

Anyhow, this idea has legs and (I believe) has been approved by WiS.....look for a classified post with EXACT details soon!
2/5/2011 3:16 PM
Posted by dyoungquist on 2/5/2011 3:16:00 PM:
And what about the arbitration cycles?   If you are the only one who can sign a FA you drafted, why not just arbitrate him for 3 seasons then let him leave as a FA?  Once his demands come down you sign him back on your team cheaply.

Unless released players were fair game, why bother going to arbitration at all? Maybe the first year, where the demands are still low, but after that it'd be cheaper to cut them loose before the hearing and sign them just before the season starts.
2/5/2011 7:27 PM
Initial recruiting has begun! See classifieds for more info!
2/6/2011 12:39 PM
There is one way to keep another team's FA demands from dropping.  You just put in a offer to him then withdraw it.  Nobody will ever know who put in the offer and that player will not drop his offer from that point on.  Try it sometime.
2/10/2011 3:49 PM
I wonder if this world ever got off the ground?  
11/18/2012 7:43 PM
Posted by shobob on 11/18/2012 7:43:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if this world ever got off the ground?  
World For Life is the same thing pretty much.
11/18/2012 8:36 PM
Yeah, I was kidding.  This thread is the genesis for "For Life"  kcden bumped it for advertising reasons I think
11/18/2012 8:40 PM
◂ Prev 123
Radical idea for a new league Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.