Are all OLs like this? Topic

I haven't played an OL since right after the new pricing scheme came out.  Are they all this stratified?  I'm over .600 right now in this one and 4 games out in my division and 6 games out of the WC.  This only 63 games into the season.  So does it always look this way now, or did I just get into a league strangely bereft of average teams?
2/2/2011 7:02 PM
That's how I remember them......of course, I've only been in 4.
2/2/2011 7:12 PM
There are more very strong teams/owners in this league than most. Probably doesn't hurt that about 8 are clustered into 3 divisions.
2/2/2011 8:00 PM
More good owners than usual (and one lucky one), more stratified than usual and, as you noted on the league Message Board, much better pitching than usual.  Although I also think OL's are gettijng more and more competitive.  I always wonder about the criticism of OL's as non-competitive, because I would guess that about half the owners in a typical OL these days are either HOF's or HOF's using aliases, and even their experimental teams tend to be pretty good.  Even new owners seem to read the Forums and get up to speed on basic strategies pretty quickly, unlike my days as a hapless, clueless Newbie who was cannon fodder for the rest of the league.,  As you pointed out, there are still a few of those in each league, accounting for the stratification, but not many. 
2/2/2011 10:38 PM
In addition you have three horrible teams with winning percentages under .300.  That will increase everybody elses win pct.  Usually when you see those 98+ win wild card teams you'll see another 1-2 teams that are 25-137, or guys that gave up.
2/3/2011 1:20 PM
GO LLAMANUTS GO!!
2/3/2011 5:34 PM
2/3/2011 5:42 PM
I don't know how to feel about this.
2/4/2011 12:04 AM
Conflicted.
2/4/2011 2:56 AM
Are all OLs like this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.