If Blyleven, why not Pettitte ? Topic

But Gehrig "feels" like a Hall of Famer?  And how does he feel like a Hall of Famer?  Did you see him play?  Have you see his highlights?  No you have only been told, you look at his numbers and you just know.  Just like Glavine.  Set aside your bias.
2/8/2011 12:38 PM
I'm lost.  Who's arguing against Glavine?
2/8/2011 2:44 PM
Fascinating article: joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2011/02/looking-at-hall-of-fame-pitchers.html

Posnanski may be the best sportswriter out there right now.
2/10/2011 10:32 AM
That is a good article...I feel validated about Dave Steib.
2/10/2011 12:06 PM (edited)
I liked his comments on Halladay:

I have been surprised how often I have found myself in discussions about whether or not Roy Halladay is already a Hall of Famer. The discussions are surprising because he's pitching great and is signed for three or four more years, and there's no reason to believe that he's going to leave the stage any time soon. That said, I still say if he retired tomorrow, yes, he should be a Hall of Famer. His impressive but somewhat spare 169-86 won-loss record should not obscure that he has been the best or second best pitcher in his league six or seven times. He has been a force of nature for a long time now. Maybe Dizzy Dean should be in the Hall of Fame and maybe he shouldn't be, but what Dizzy Dean did for five years, Halladay has done for 10.

2/10/2011 11:16 AM
◂ Prev 123456
If Blyleven, why not Pettitte ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.