Federal League Topic

Has anyone had any kind of luck with these guys? I look at some of the players and I just can't pull the trigger to draft any of them.
2/5/2011 8:32 PM
Benny Kauff
2/5/2011 10:38 PM
The Federal League tried to establish itself as a third major league in 1914-15 but failed.  The AL & NL doubled & tripled their salaries to keep their players from jumping to FL teams, and only a few did.  The competition was closer to high minor than major, but this game (unlike some others) does not reduce the players' effectiveness.  For WIS purposes Federal Leaguers are comparable to AL & NL players with similar stats, and there is no reason not to draft them.
2/6/2011 6:11 PM
Love Claude Hendrix... have had good luck with Erv Lange and Eddie Plank at the right caps. Dave Davenport too. Offensively, I haven't had much luck with Kauff but Steve Evans is a good hitter.
2/6/2011 10:22 PM

Hendrix

2/7/2011 2:23 PM
FL players I've used with some success include:

1915 Cy Falkenberg. I have used him as a closer several times and he is pretty good

1914 Russ Ford. I like him at Dodger

1914 Hendrix, excellent pitcher, pretty expensive @ $38k+ $/ip

1915 Hooks Wiltse, low bb/9 and pretty good value at $29k $/ip
A lot of guys like/use Benny Kauff. I've tried him a couple of times and think I can do better for the money spent. Still, he has good "numbers"

iI used to use the 1915 Hal Chase at 1b in HR friendly parks, but have not done so lately. He's a pretty good value at 1B. Steve Evans was mentioned above, and he seems to be popular these days. I may run him out there at some point, but rarely do i spend $5.6 on a first baseman

2/7/2011 2:53 PM
Federal League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.