New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

The VC has been formed, and the official rules have been drafted. Any player wilfully entering into this world will abide by these rules 100%. If someone makes ONE "honest mistake" they are given ONE SINGLE chance to immediately rectify that mistake by the next cycle (i.e. trade the player in question back to his franchise for a tryout camp pitcher straight up), or they will be immediately removed from the league. I think with it being private, and the rules being well established up front, we will be able to get support from CS on this issue. Collusion, as in all worlds, will result in immediate removal. Please, DO NOT sign up if you are not going to comply with these rules 100%.

They will be as follows:

------Intro-------

The aim of the "For Life League" is to keep players on their original team for life. This league encourages team building through savvy drafting strategy and the signing of international prospects. You MUST committ to a minimum of three seasons. You must be willing to agree that non-compliance with the set rules will result in your willing removal from the league, to be replaced by an owner willing to play by and respect the rules. There will also be no excuses tolerated for missing out on signing your own players in time ,etc. The point here is that we're all adults. We shall play the game as such. Much like WiS policy, there will be no helping out in case of "user error". No excuses.

---------Team Assignment-------

--Random numbers will be assigned to every owner via an online random number generator, and we will draft all teams (sticking to the strict MLB-Theme) out according to those numbers.

* A series of rules have also been created to ensure that team owners have as many opportunities as possible to retain their talent. World Owner empiire and the nine member Veterans Committee have established the following rules for player movement & team building:

------Player Movement-------

--Free Agency: Traditional free agency (the ability to sign players outside of your organization) will not begin until Spring Training has completed. This will give the entire FA and preseason period as well as all of Spring Training for teams to sign THEIR OWN FREE AGENTS to contracts. (Upon world creation, current FA's will be considered property of the franchise listed under "Previous Franchise". Occasionally, there is no team listed, in which case they are fair game to be bid upon during FA).

Once Spring Training has completed teams may sign any player.

--Released Players: Any player released by his franchise may be signed by any team.

--Trades: Open trading is strictly prohibited in this world, period, as it goes against the "For Life" theme of the league. The only trades allowed will be those trades that correct ineligible free agent signings , any rule 5 draftees and any waiver pickups.

--Waivers: No waiver claims will be allowed.

--Rule V Draft: No player may be drafted in the Rule V Draft.

---------Team Building-------

--Prospect Payroll: There is no limit to what an owner may set or transfer into their prospect payroll.

-----------Tanking Rules----------

--Tanking will be judged on a case by case basis by the Commissioner and the Veterans Committee, 9 owners total. Most worlds leave the judgment of tanking up to one person - the commissioner. In the "For Life" League we feel that the 9 owner panel will be able to make accurate judgments. Rest assured that if a panel of 9 members feels you are tanking - you probably are.

One of the biggest issues in any case of suspected tanking is the amount of time prospects spend in their organizations minor league system. While Commissioner P-Nut, World Owner empiire and the Veterans Committee do not condone any form of tanking, we also feel that owners may keep their prospects in the minor leagues for as long as they deem necessary for proper development. Most owners have a different sense of what "proper development" is in HBD and the Commissioner and the Veterans Committee will not be looking to put a concrete definition on "proper development". Instead, if an owner is suspected of tanking, their minor league promotion practices will be looked at and subject to the decision of the Veterans Committee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 If you remain interested, do nothing and you will stay on the list. If you feel like this may not be the league for you under these rules, please let me know via site-mail so that I can remove you from the list. Deadline for applications will be Friday, February 11th, 6:00 P.M. Pacific Time. After this time, the Owner & VC will spend the weekend reviewing candidates and selecting owners for the 22 remaining cities.

Interested Applicants (for the remaining 22 openings):

1. empiire - "Captain"
2. pstrnutbag44 - VC/Commish
3. vino5
4. cbert621
5. yoijames
6. LIGHTSOUT16
7. jonboynky - VC
8. diesel3350 - VC
9. lomac
10. scoopster
11. jying98 - VC
12. lido9613
13. shobob
- VC
14. usfbully
15. tomhighwayVC
16. rootgargleVC
17. hausenpfeffe
18. bodean
19. yoker70
20. jefepwnzer - VC
21. tropicana - VC
22. hoopcoach07

23. talbott08
24. clutch19
25. z0601
26. ovechkin008
27. dlmose - Withdrawn
28. trailjon541
29. willsuave
30. steadydoses
31. mgrieshop
32. thedoormat
33. ben7415
34. captain10a
35. ewchippe
36. bobd4967
37. paranoid0
38. CougDawg - Withdrawn
39. mongoose_22
40. fellman9
41. jamesb007
42. buddy996
43. edham55
44. greeny9
45. coach34
46. kcden
47. rounders31

Also, if you are interested in the league and posted here instead of sending me a site-mail, chances
are you will NOT be on the list. PLEASE site-mail me, so that it is easier to keep in touch with all the interested applicants. Thank you.

2/17/2011 11:15 AM (edited)
 My input:  I would give teams till the end of ST to resign their own players.
2/6/2011 1:45 PM
I think part of the idea of it being at the end of FA period instead of the end of ST is so that the contracts don't get too absurdly small. You could just hold out on your own until ST ends to lower their demands (at risk of decline).
2/6/2011 1:48 PM
So are the FA generated at league open grandfathered in to the rules? Or will there be a draft for them? 

P.S. I am interested in the league and would love to see how this thing plays out.
2/6/2011 1:54 PM
The existing FA should belong to the players listed "Former Franchise". Any FA w/out a former franchise would initially be fair game.
2/6/2011 2:03 PM
17 already, in less than 3 hours of recruiting. If you want to be considered, get in ASAP. Looks like we're going to get enough owners w/out any trouble at all! Again, there will be a screening process in which preference will be given to vets and owners committing the longest up-front. This does NOT mean you have no chance of getting in if you are not a vet, so don't be discouraged!
2/6/2011 2:41 PM
Im intrested.
2/6/2011 6:24 PM
Interested.
2/6/2011 11:00 PM

very interested

2/6/2011 11:10 PM
What'll be the rule with the rule 5 draft?  I say we use it.
2/6/2011 11:23 PM
just curious  how are teams assigned? luck of the draw?
2/6/2011 11:34 PM
I am willing to give this a try.  Please add me to the list for consideration.  Thanks.
2/6/2011 11:35 PM
talbott- yes
2/6/2011 11:42 PM
Sent you a sitemail, I'm very interested
2/6/2011 11:44 PM
What about waivers?
2/6/2011 11:48 PM
1|2|3...20 Next ▸
New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.