New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

TH is on the money quite a bit here. (We'll want you in the committe, no doubt). Bottom line: We know the rules going in (or will for sure once we start). If it's for you, cool. If not, that's cool too. Chances are 32 dedicated owners would be into the long-term idea. I also think the FA thing should be set up in a manner that allows teams to fill holes on their squads provided the original team no longer wants the player. This would mean that released players, and players not signed after a set period of time, should indeed be fair game (IMHO). No reason for a SS to go completely to waste because he team no longer wants him, especially if there are several teams that need a legit SS to field a competitive team.
2/7/2011 7:06 PM
Also, if you are interested in the league and posted here instead of sending me a site-mail, chances are you will NOT be on the list. PLEASE site-mail me, so that it is easier to keep in touch with all the interested applicants. Thank you.
2/7/2011 7:07 PM
ok. free agency i guess is ok. how about all free agents are free game once the regular season starts? i'm against the rule 5 draft, for the record.
2/7/2011 7:25 PM
I think you have to have some provision for filling holes once the season starts.  Some teams could get hit disproportianately with minor league retirements and then not have full teams until after the draft.  Perhaps the rule could be that ML rosters have to be filled with players that were in your system the previous season?
2/7/2011 7:32 PM
No team is so messed up that they can't be fixed one way or another. You will either have a great ML team, Great farm system or a mixture of both. That is why we are all saying after the "FA period" all players are fair game. It gives the initial team a chance to get their players back but also after the FA Period is over you will have the ability to "Fill your holes".
2/7/2011 7:36 PM
Posted by empiire on 2/7/2011 7:25:00 PM (view original):
ok. free agency i guess is ok. how about all free agents are free game once the regular season starts? i'm against the rule 5 draft, for the record.
Yes, once ST if over FA's should be fair game...  

@ Thedoormat: As for minor league P's that's what you have the tryout camp p's for.
2/7/2011 7:37 PM
One more thing- To get this perfectly straight. ML FA's should be restricted to their own team until after Spring Training is over. Will we have the same rule on Minor league FA's?

2/7/2011 7:40 PM
Posted by tomhighway on 2/7/2011 7:40:00 PM (view original):
One more thing- To get this perfectly straight. ML FA's should be restricted to their own team until after Spring Training is over. Will we have the same rule on Minor league FA's?

Great point. I should think so.
2/7/2011 8:02 PM
Will there be a prospect money cap? Could see a lot of 40+ million prospect bugets once money transfers.
2/7/2011 8:39 PM
I think a prospect cap in this format would be a bad idea.  With a prospect cap, the late drafting teams will have an advantage for IFAs.
2/7/2011 8:45 PM
I wanna be on that committee too.  And bodean is listed twice.
2/7/2011 8:46 PM
I think IFA's are the equalizer here. Without the bidding wars in FA, the top teams will have a good shot at some of the elite IFA's that come along. Depending on strategy, there may be a few teams with excessive amounts of $$$ left at the end of the season......pstr, I know a no tanking rule was mentioned, any thought toward a minimum win rule ? That could alleviate alot of the concern around tanking.
2/7/2011 9:08 PM
Posted by shobob on 2/7/2011 8:46:00 PM (view original):
I wanna be on that committee too.  And bodean is listed twice.
Thanks, shobob. That's what I get for trying to do stuff from the iPod too! The committee will be finalized once the actual participants are finalized. I would venture to guess that'll it'll be some of the more "tenured" players, preferrably those who have done the commish-gig before. You would more than likely be in that category. ;-)
2/7/2011 9:10 PM
Posted by shobob on 2/7/2011 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I think a prospect cap in this format would be a bad idea.  With a prospect cap, the late drafting teams will have an advantage for IFAs.
agree. no prospect cap.
2/7/2011 9:11 PM
Posted by diesel3350 on 2/7/2011 9:08:00 PM (view original):
I think IFA's are the equalizer here. Without the bidding wars in FA, the top teams will have a good shot at some of the elite IFA's that come along. Depending on strategy, there may be a few teams with excessive amounts of $$$ left at the end of the season......pstr, I know a no tanking rule was mentioned, any thought toward a minimum win rule ? That could alleviate alot of the concern around tanking.
When we hammer out final rules, there may be some sort of limit. Either way, there WILL be a committee to oversee all of these types of situations. I am confident there will be NO BS tolerated. That's why we are going to take our time with getting it going and screen owners thoroughly.
2/7/2011 9:15 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...20 Next ▸
New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.