New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

Just waiting on 2-3 responses from the VC, then the first batch goes out. Hopefully, by the time I am done with class for today, I can send those out! Again, I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience, and I assure you it'll all be worth it in the end!
2/16/2011 12:36 PM
oh oh oh <hand stretched up as far as it can go> pick me pick me!
2/16/2011 2:13 PM
The VC does accept bribes.....feel free to mail me a $5 GC and I'll see what I can do  
2/16/2011 2:40 PM
lets see to bribe all the VCs it will cost $50... hmmm fuhgedaboudid!
2/16/2011 3:08 PM
Now we all feel like elem school again... "Please don't let me not get picked at kickball, let somebody else not get picked."
2/16/2011 6:42 PM
I sure hope my invitation doesn't get lost in the mail (AGAIN).   The process of picking one manager over another has got to be a hard one.   I have been looking at a couple of 3rd year "NEW" leagues and noticed that they have had a lot of turnover already.   One league  lost 7 managers after only 1 yr and 7 more after its 2nd year.   The other one lost 7 managers after its first two seasons.   I sure hope we don't have that kind of turnover in this league.   Hopefully this will be one of the best leagues around and Hopefully, I can be a part of it for a long time.
2/16/2011 8:59 PM
It is a process that sucks but is needed to make sure we don't end up with 7 openings.. I won't lie to any of you I didn't vote or "Nominate" anyone that was brand new because it's hard enough to learn the regular HBD rules  having all of these rules ON TOP of the HBD rules makes it a little harder and I don't want an abandoned team in the middle of the season that's already ruined.
2/17/2011 9:27 AM
Will everyone that was interested get a sitemail?  or just the ones that make the cut?
2/17/2011 10:30 AM
When all is said and done, I plan to site-mail everyone who had expressed interest, wether they make it in or not.
2/17/2011 10:50 AM
Cool, thanks.  Good job on putting this together and keeping everyone informed of the process.
2/17/2011 10:55 AM
As far as abandoned teams go, since you can not make trades, etc., I would think that an abandoned team would still be as good as it was when the season started, unless it was abondoned before ST ended.   Not ever being involved in a NEW league, how does it work.   I get that the teams are picked according to random numbers being passed out to see who gets to pick a team first, etc.,  but do you get to scout the teams before you choose one?   Or just the area and league you want to be in and 'SURPRISE', you get whatever you get?   Or neither of the above?
2/17/2011 2:38 PM
Posted by buddy996 on 2/17/2011 2:38:00 PM (view original):
As far as abandoned teams go, since you can not make trades, etc., I would think that an abandoned team would still be as good as it was when the season started, unless it was abondoned before ST ended.   Not ever being involved in a NEW league, how does it work.   I get that the teams are picked according to random numbers being passed out to see who gets to pick a team first, etc.,  but do you get to scout the teams before you choose one?   Or just the area and league you want to be in and 'SURPRISE', you get whatever you get?   Or neither of the above?
You pick the city, which in this world is based on real life MLB teams. When the world is created everyone gets the big surprise. No scouting out best teams.
2/17/2011 2:44 PM
No you don't get to chose anything, nutbag told me that it's a complete random process so you don't get to choose your city. That's what I've been told.
2/17/2011 3:00 PM
You get to choose your city you just don't get to choose it until you are told that you are allowed your turn to pick which division and league you are in. So you DO get to choose what city just not until you know what's available at the time you get to pick.
2/17/2011 3:05 PM
Posted by tomhighway on 2/17/2011 3:05:00 PM (view original):
You get to choose your city you just don't get to choose it until you are told that you are allowed your turn to pick which division and league you are in. So you DO get to choose what city just not until you know what's available at the time you get to pick.
This. Sorry if I wasn't clearer. We will draft out the teams according to a random order. Many of us will not get the team we'd like, but it's only a city/name thing. Nobody knows who has what kind of team until we open up shop.
2/17/2011 3:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...20 Next ▸
New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.