New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

Posted by trailjon541 on 2/19/2011 12:32:00 AM (view original):
am i on the list, if not what do i need to do? sign up ? put up money?
Yeah, trailjon.  You are on the list.  We have finalized the list (I'll let the commish update it - I don't want to ruin the surprise for the final three spots), and we'll be picking our teams soon!
2/19/2011 9:00 AM
Yep. We are set and I even have the random order set. However, I am on a short vacation in Morro Bay, and will not be updating anything until I get back home tomorrow. As is, if I get caught playing around on HBD right now, I may never make it home.... ;-)
2/19/2011 2:23 PM
Anyone care to debate Nashville's inclusion?  I wouldn't mind seeing New Orleans, Memphis, Charlotte, Louisville, Little Rock, Oklahoma City and Nashville being voted on to determine which city we like the best, since all of those other southern cities are bigger or the same size as Nashville.  Or perhaps the owner who takes the spot could choose from a list of approved locations such as the ones above? Mexico City and Monterrey are both huge cities as well.  If we can stand having three teams in Florida or Texas, Jacksonville and San Antonio are both bigger than Nashville, and also have major pro sports teams located there.

Full list: 

Austin
Charleston
Charlotte
Durham
El Paso
Huntington
Iowa City
Jackson
Jacksonville
Little Rock
Louisville
Memphis
Mexico City
Monterrey
Montgomery
Nashville
New Orleans
OKC
Richmond
San Antonio
San Juan
Santa Fe
Wichita

2/19/2011 5:09 PM (edited)
I thought we were choosing real cities of baseball teams?

2/19/2011 6:11 PM
Yeah, but there are only 30 real life ML teams, and HBD has 32.  So, with the obvious choice of Montreal, we need to add one other city.  It ends up being a southern division spot.
2/20/2011 1:14 AM (edited)
New Orleans is cool with me.
2/19/2011 8:55 PM
I have no issue either, Nahville just comes up first in thought as it's an established minor league franchise. I am totally ok woth there being a list of approved cities to chose from. Excellent idea!
2/20/2011 1:52 AM
So who made the final 3?
2/20/2011 10:48 AM
I'll be sending them a site-mail when I get home in a few hours....keep an eye on your inbox.
2/20/2011 11:34 AM
Anyone I have yet to contact on this list has not made it in for the first season. I will try and contact you all individually via sitemail later tonigt to gauge interest for the wait-list for any potential openings the future may have. Thanks once more for everyone's interest!
2/21/2011 2:48 PM

Not upset about not making the "final cut" in anyway.  However, I would like to know what some of the factors or certain things that the VC were looking for in coaches to decide who to let in and those to keep out.  Again just curious and trying to become a better manager and if you don't know what you need to fix, then you can't fix it for the future.  Thanks.

2/21/2011 3:21 PM
Firstly, I nominated people that I've been in worlds with and therefore "know" to a certain extent.  Next, I looked at the history of of the applicants (that I could), and selected ones that I thought remained loyal to their worlds (as in few one and dones).  Some people I couldn't look up because I had no way of accessing their history, and to them I offer an apology.
2/21/2011 3:58 PM
I'm with shobob......first hand knowledge of certain people, followed by looking at an owners resume. How much experience one has and longevity with a league.  I think you resume is off to a good start z0601.....give it some time.  I think for me with the special rules in this league, I was looking for more experienced owners. nothing personal.
2/21/2011 5:06 PM
I took the most experienced first, Followed by people I have been in worlds with which is a few then I narrowed down the remaining by success because I feel the rules in HBD alone are hard for new owners and adding all the rules we are adding only intensifies everything and makes it even harder.
2/21/2011 7:32 PM
I first chose owners i had played in a world with. For the rest of the nominations I looked at experience and record, # of one and dones as well as # of seasons with teams , and a quick glance at league participation (ie. anything disruptive in world chat). However, there were a number of solid owners left on the table which spoke to the number of quality owners expressing interest.
2/21/2011 7:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...20 Next ▸
New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.