New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

There probably can't be a minimum win rule...at least not initially. Again, if you are losing, without fa, there isn't a ton you can do to improve your tran...
2/7/2011 9:13 PM
Posted by empiire on 2/7/2011 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 2/7/2011 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I think a prospect cap in this format would be a bad idea.  With a prospect cap, the late drafting teams will have an advantage for IFAs.
agree. no prospect cap.
Yeah, I agree with empiire. No propsect cap for this league.
2/7/2011 9:14 PM
Posted by tropicana on 2/7/2011 9:13:00 PM (view original):
There probably can't be a minimum win rule...at least not initially. Again, if you are losing, without fa, there isn't a ton you can do to improve your tran...
This is why I advocate the committee overseeing this type of thing. With a diverse group, we should be OK.
2/7/2011 9:15 PM
It looks like we are full?  How are teams decided.  I propose people pick their top five teams and perhaps choose one that they would absolutely not want.
2/7/2011 10:13 PM
random.org...everyone picks a number between 1& 32 and then the site reassigns a number.
2/7/2011 10:42 PM
Or we can just go in order of who is on the list that signed up. 
2/7/2011 11:41 PM
in that case, i'll go with my home state indians.
2/7/2011 11:43 PM
I'm all for the limited free agency for those players that are unwanted/released by their current teams, but I think I agree with empiire that there should be no Rule 5 draft.  I think that follows his intent of teams being able to keep those players that you want to be able to keep.  It should be easy enough to impliment so long as all teams set their Rule 5 settings to pick no players. 
2/7/2011 11:44 PM
That and have a full 40 man roster which shouldn't be hard to do.
2/7/2011 11:59 PM

Whoa. Slow down, fellas. That is a list of INTERESTED parties. That is NOT a list of owners in the league. I was clear about there being a screening process. We are not even finished taking applicants. Empiire & I will filter through everything here very soon and finalize the rules. We need to not rush into this and get the clusterfuck present in other attempts at similar leagues. It won't take long, but a full screening should be done, a vet's committee needs to be put together, and the man himself (empiire) needs to finalize the rules. I will be in touch with empiire (as we have been thorughout the process), and we will keep you all in the loop. Most likely, as far as picking teams go, I am in full support of randomizing the order and drafting the teams out. I would prefer to get my beloved Athletics, however it's only fair that we randomize as doing it by order of signup screws the folks that may have been out of town over the weekend, heard about this late because they don't check out the forums, etc.

In short, please have a bit of patience. All goes well, we should be off the ground by the weekend.

2/8/2011 1:26 AM
Maybe I'm just thick or  missed it but what happens when a FA won't sign during the FA period?
2/8/2011 5:25 AM
He will. They hold out until league-wide FA starts, but theyll take your offer once they "hit the open market", so to speak.
2/8/2011 5:43 AM
Posted by pstrnutbag44 on 2/8/2011 1:26:00 AM (view original):

Whoa. Slow down, fellas. That is a list of INTERESTED parties. That is NOT a list of owners in the league. I was clear about there being a screening process. We are not even finished taking applicants. Empiire & I will filter through everything here very soon and finalize the rules. We need to not rush into this and get the clusterfuck present in other attempts at similar leagues. It won't take long, but a full screening should be done, a vet's committee needs to be put together, and the man himself (empiire) needs to finalize the rules. I will be in touch with empiire (as we have been thorughout the process), and we will keep you all in the loop. Most likely, as far as picking teams go, I am in full support of randomizing the order and drafting the teams out. I would prefer to get my beloved Athletics, however it's only fair that we randomize as doing it by order of signup screws the folks that may have been out of town over the weekend, heard about this late because they don't check out the forums, etc.

In short, please have a bit of patience. All goes well, we should be off the ground by the weekend.

You'll also need to wait for admin to create the league, and they're very particular about timing.  It could be weeks/months before it happens.
2/8/2011 6:51 AM
Posted by mhulshult on 2/8/2011 6:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pstrnutbag44 on 2/8/2011 1:26:00 AM (view original):

You'll also need to wait for admin to create the league, and they're very particular about timing.  It could be weeks/months before it happens.
Would not have started, if not for their approval.
2/8/2011 9:29 AM
That's great, and I hope you're able to get it started as soon as possible.  But it's been a month since I've had 32 owners ready to go for another world (which has been approved), and admin hasn't pulled the trigger yet.
2/8/2011 10:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...20 Next ▸
New: "For Life" (Final Update Re: Recruiting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.