Trading scrubs back and forth Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I 100% agree with Crazy.
2/9/2011 1:02 AM
You need to rally the other owners to veto the trades. I've been in leagues with this problem and eventually every pitcher trade got vetoed wether it was legitimate or not. This loophole has been known for years but never fixed because not enough people complained about it.
If you're a commish setting up a league vulnerable to this loophole, don't allow trades.
2/9/2011 1:25 AM (edited)
thurst63 and jammiesword in here trying to throw sand in everyone's eyes.  I have a hunch I know at least one of the owners involved in these shenanigans "lol lol"
2/9/2011 1:21 AM
I'm aware that neither of you are in the league.  
2/9/2011 1:30 AM
Posted by jammiesworld on 2/9/2011 1:12:00 AM (view original):
So then if said owner was trading there $200,000 Scrub pitchers between many teams it would be ok.But if they made the same trade 2 times between 1 team then it is not??

when 2 owners trade back and forth, it smells like cllusion. If one owner makes trades with various unsuspecting teams then it is not collusion but if he's doing it to exploit the fatigue loophole then he is following the same unpopular strategy. I wouldnt call it cheating because it's perfectly legal though not good for the game.
2/9/2011 1:35 AM
So what league is this going on in Crazy??

2/9/2011 1:41 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/9/2011 2:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thurst63 on 2/9/2011 1:40:00 AM (view original):
Heck I don't even know what league we are talking about.I was just saying I have had this happen in the past.And to me if there are only 1 or 2 owners that will make this trade with you.And the other owner don't VETO it why not try it.I mean it does save you a whole $20,000 dollar & that is some big cash.

Yes, it does save you cash.  It's the equivalent of moving your mouse over a 0% pitcher and clicking refresh, and lo and behold he's 100% again and you didn't have to pay a penny for this transformation.

In a league that has injuries on (as stfrancis' league does) a 0% pitcher is useless, even as a mop -- he'll be injured after a batter or two.  But by shuffling these worn out pitchers in and out of your lineup, you're in effect getting many, many times the number of innings that everyone else is getting from their 200K pitcher.

Is that fair to the other owners?
I do agree with you Crazy that this is a hole in the system but any of the other owner can do the same.Or use there right to VETO the Trade that is what I would Veto it every time.

2/9/2011 7:29 AM
12 Next ▸
Trading scrubs back and forth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.