Greatest baseball Team simulation Topic

I was just thinking today "whatever happened to that guy that was having a playoff of all the greatest historical teams of all time - I don't remember anyone winning a final?"

Good to see you are still at it. But at some point could you give us a summary of who is left and who has been eliminated - how many teams are still in the running ?

Thanks.
7/2/2012 5:54 PM
nkok, thanks for doing this it must be very time consuming. was that the first loss by any REDS team in this team simulation?
7/2/2012 9:36 PM
I have not checked this thread for a while and I am disappointed to see it has not been updated in four months. Perhaps the thread starter is researching doubletruck's concern abut the modern teams almost always beating the older era teams. I think it is worth examining as this thread represents how the wis operates, and part of their thesis is to normalize things so that players from different eras can compete against each other on a level playing field. Is it ironic that one of the major complaints of wis players is that deadball pitchers have an unfair advantage over pitchers of other eras, yet they are getting whipped by modern hitters? Someone also made a very valid point that one reason the modern teams are winnings is because older era RPs could not compete with modern RPs, but isn't it another major complaint in the sim the modern RPs do not perform anywhere near the level that they did in RL? Very interesting how this is working out.
11/11/2012 11:31 PM
The unfair advantage the deadball pitchers have is based on price not performance. Modern pitchers do perform better but on a cost basis, the deadball pitchers provide better value, which is what you are looking for in a salary cap/limited budget team.
11/12/2012 9:34 AM
Did we ever find out who was the greatest team ever according to the results of this competition? 
12/3/2012 8:16 AM
WAAAAAAHHH Just saw this and it hasn't been posted on for a year. Does anyone care?
10/16/2013 6:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Are you sure about that? I do not believe that.... Seriously. Does anyone care? I could start this up again.
10/16/2013 6:37 PM
I just saw the end. Never mind...
10/16/2013 7:01 PM
I enjoyed this thread while it was active, but it looks pretty dead at the moment.
10/16/2013 8:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12
Greatest baseball Team simulation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.