The ridiculous world of Forum Ratings Topic

These ratings are so stupid.  I really did not pay much attention until crazystengel posted two weeks ago that ever since he began rating posts each day he noticed he was appearing in the top 20.  As an experiment I started rating posts each day (mostly) just for kicks to see what would happen.  Lo and behold I found myself in the top 20 yesterday.  Conversely, crazystengel has fallen from #3 completely out of the ratings.

Noticing that Merkle was number 6 on the list having on 6 posts since the update.  Just for kicks, I gave his posts negative rating (sorry Merkle) to see what would happen.  As it turns out, I had a hand in dropping him out of the top 20 (not that he cares I am sure)

Here is what I think I have figured out.

#1: The number of posts you make has no bearing.
#2: The number of replies in your threads have no bearing
#3: Being a favorite or being blocked has no being on your rating.
#4: Rating Posts has a positive affect on on your rating, regardless of what you rate and how you rate it.  You are getting a reward just for participating.
#5: Having your posts rated positively or negatively has an affect on your rating.
#6: Having an alias and rating your own posts or negatively rating the posts of is a help.
#7: amycox and lesliechow apparently care alot about this as they have erased all of their posts so that they cannot be negatively rated so they can stay at the top of the list.

Anyway, I guess I was a bit bored and started thinking about how it all works.  You may commence disliking this post!
2/9/2011 1:15 PM
Posted by grizzly_one on 2/9/2011 1:57:00 PM (view original):
I gave you 5 thumbs up today.
That brings a tear to my eye.  Voting Chaos!!!
2/9/2011 2:21 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I just gave your post a .  See if that helps you.

2/9/2011 3:07 PM
Posted by thurst63 on 2/9/2011 3:40:00 PM (view original):
I just give you 2
I just gave you 2 as well, thursty.  Would have given you 5, but somehow something happened today and I got busted from R to P and have only 2 ratings to give.  I have no idea how it happened, either.
2/9/2011 3:52 PM
Posted by amycox67 on 2/9/2011 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Grizz # 20 & I just give him 25 let see where he goes to
Whoa, could have sworn that was thurst63 who just posted!  I feel dizzy!
2/9/2011 3:53 PM
Posted by thurst63 on 2/9/2011 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thurst63 on 2/9/2011 3:40:00 PM (view original):
I just give you 2
I was editing & yes I sure could use a cold Miller

& some hot wings after work

Uh huh.

2/9/2011 4:02 PM
"thumbed you up Grizz" isn't something you hear everyday
2/9/2011 10:54 PM
It's a real shame that the two all-time greatest posters according to the forum ratings have, between them, zero extant posts.  How the heck can the rest of us live up to their examples when we can't even see their examples?
2/10/2011 7:12 AM
How is grizzly showing up with red stars here when thurst63 posted (before deleting):

I just give you 2

And amycox67 posted (before deleting):

Grizz # 20 & I just give him 25

If he got at least 27 thumbs up, what's that mean to have red stars?  At least 28 thumbs down?

2/10/2011 7:20 AM
12 Next ▸
The ridiculous world of Forum Ratings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.