on 1/16 I experienced a sharp acute pain in my back, shooting from shoulder blade to shoulder blade, and settling in my arms. I lost most feeling and sensation in my right hand, and sme in my left. I went to the emergency room on 1/18, and a tumor wasfound on my t-1 vertebrae. Surgery on 1/28, and a diagnosis of multiple myeloma. I am told it is treatable, so i reman optimistic. I am not in any pain, so things could certainly be worse.
2/9/2011 6:06 PM

Good to hear its treatable and best wishes and prayers for a future clean bill of health. 

2/9/2011 6:39 PM
Wishing you all the Best PFATTKATT keep your head high & get well soon.

2/9/2011 7:02 PM
I wish you well my friend, prayers for a full recovery.
2/9/2011 7:28 PM

Wish you the best... multiple myeloma is one of those phrases that gives me a little chill everytime I see or hear the words. My Dad was diagnosed back in 1978 and back then they couldn't do much with it. The doctors gave him about 5 years and he passed 5 years to the month. He was 42. Thank God they have really come a long way since then... so here's to your quick recovery!

2/9/2011 8:16 PM
Good Luck Mr. Katt.   I hope you get the Addie Joss of doctors!
2/9/2011 9:54 PM
Keep your moxie up, pfattk. I'v enjoyed competing against your teams. We're about to be going through a series of chemo and radiation treatments for my wife, so I know something of what you're going through, if only second hand. Good luck.
2/9/2011 10:38 PM
Wow sorry to hear that dude. Now I won't be so mad when you finish kicking my *** in that LCS! Hope everything works out for you
2/9/2011 10:50 PM
Hope you get well soon! Prayers for you and doubletucks wife. Thank you for keeping me under your wing and helping me along with this game. Your 2nd league should be fun too! 
2/9/2011 11:06 PM
So sorry to here that! Get well soon please!

2/10/2011 1:03 AM
Keep your spirits up pfatt, my wife is an oncology nurse, and she says they have great success treating this now. Our prayers and well wishes go out to you.
2/10/2011 10:18 AM
prayers for a quick recovery... I know you're up for it.
2/10/2011 10:49 AM
Sometimes, perspective can be a challenge. Thru our lives, we have various ambitions, of differing importance and relevance to ourselves and our loved ones. And, we all know we are going to die, It is disconcerting to have our mortality thrust so abruptly at us. What can matter, other than God? What can matter, other than that we make other lives a little better while we are here? We leave here emptyhanded, no matter what we think we have accumulated. Thanks, heartfelt thanks, to my friends on this site, who have brought warmth to my heart these past few weeks.
2/10/2011 12:26 PM
Another friend wishes you the best of luck & a speedy recovery.
2/10/2011 8:00 PM
Kick it's *** and then get back to kicking ours.  Get well soon.
2/10/2011 8:21 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.