Statistical anomaly Topic

I just checked my team's (admittedly abyssmal) batting stats against the expected stats for players who have used them previously, and have discovered that 8 of my 9 starters on pace for the worst offensive numbers in WIF history, and the other is very close. Is this an indication of something I did wrong with them, or some odd statistical anomaly? I did admittedly pick up players primarily for defensive purposes, but a .601 OPS is a bit surprising for a team.
2/10/2011 1:15 PM
Safeco?
2/10/2011 1:19 PM

Did you check how many other seasons each player had? Lots of players have only been used 2-3 times. Still that's some nasty luck. You might want consider raging against the SIM machine by venting in the new Why Does The SIM Hate Me (Crybaby) Thread.

2/10/2011 1:53 PM
Yeah, when you put a bunch of guys who don't get on base in Safeco, that's gonna happen.
2/10/2011 2:07 PM
That is a point. And indeed, it was Safeco. I think most of them had been used in several places, which spoke more to the "I screwed up" section than the "SIM hates me"
2/10/2011 2:25 PM
Well, certainly it's the reason they're all having their worst seasons, but it doesn't necessarily mean you screwed up.  That's to be expected.  If your pitchers are having their worst performances too, then you've got problems.     
2/10/2011 5:11 PM
I had a team like that and it was in Safeco, the odd thing was their road stats weren't that much better.  Sometimes life just throws you a sh**burger.
2/10/2011 11:57 PM
Statistical anomaly Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.