Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Leave 'em there and join the CIAA - unlimited time offer! 
9/19/2014 5:45 PM
I yield. It is simply impossible to compete with nunts. I mean, who doesn't love nunts?
9/19/2014 6:04 PM
I think he's just plain nunts, personally.
9/19/2014 8:06 PM
im still just trying to figure out how i never noticed that second n...
9/19/2014 8:22 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/19/2014 8:22:00 PM (view original):
im still just trying to figure out how i never noticed that second n...
+1
9/19/2014 8:43 PM
lol @ thread title change.
9/21/2014 2:07 PM
Once again 5 coveted spots in the 2nd or 3rd (sometimes 4th, ok) best conference in a semi-washed up world are up for grabs. 

Limited time offer. Sign up for one of the 5 open positions, AND SEND ME A SITEMAIL indicating you want to participate in the challenge,  and if one of the new coaches wins the CT in the next 4 seasons I will buy them a 5 pack.  Simple. (If you sign up and DON'T sitemail me and then win the CT, tough...)

The teams are:

Oklahoma Panhandle St Aggies.  The most illustrious season in Aggies history is the 18-11 29 RPI NT 2nd finish by simai in season 1. We just finished season 78. Can't anybody do anything with this team? Surely someone out there has more balls than brains and is up for this challenge? They return 9 human recruited players (for better of worse) and run fb/zone.

St. Edward's Hilltoppers. St. Ed's have never been world beaters, but they have experienced sustained periods of postseason play, so it must be possible. Plus their banner color is a nice, slimming black. They seem to have a handful of serviceable simai recruited players returning and run motion/press.

W. Alabama Tigers. For a number of recent seasons veteran Heartland alum collegeboss7 guided the Tigers to many, many NT appearances. The team is regressing slowly as other human coaches have moved on as well. Someone save this proud program from oblivion!  6 human kids, 3 simai return to a triangle/man set. 

Incarnate Word Cardinals.  Not all that long ago reddyred won 2 national championships in 3 seasons, and in the 10 or so seasons surrounding that run made the E8 and S16 a bunch as well. Are you gonna let reddyred get over on you like that? I didn't think so...6 of his players actually return (5 for their final season) to a triangle/zone.

N Alabama Lions. The Lions run triangle/man. The last human recruited players are on their way out the door after a lackluster 8-19. The program needs a savior. Are you the new Simba?

12/21/2014 1:33 PM
Put in for W Alabama
12/22/2014 10:58 AM
What happened to the CAA in Knight? Half the coaches cleared out?
12/23/2014 12:52 AM
Posted by sublightd on 12/23/2014 12:52:00 AM (view original):
What happened to the CAA in Knight? Half the coaches cleared out?
YES! The Heartland finally wins... (jk - shame to see them in a down period)
12/23/2014 12:31 PM
Incarnate Word Cardinals.  Not all that long ago reddyred won 2 national championships in 3 seasons, and in the 10 or so seasons surrounding that run made the E8 and S16 a bunch as well. Are you gonna let reddyred get over on you like that? I didn't think so...triangle/zone.

N Alabama Lions. The Lions run triangle/man. The program needs a savior. Are you the new Simba?

These are persistent openings, and we'd love to see them filled. Its been a while since we had 12 good men. We remain a tough, friendly, fun conference. 

Guyo26 is currently in the final throes of losing my last challenge offer (this is his last season to win the CT upcoming). Word and N'Bama are still open.

BUT the big news is Lincoln is available. After a long, successful tenure tlfisch has moved on to greener pastures.(in another conference - he isn't dead!)
Lincoln is currently an A prestige. They return 7 players to a man/press. 

The Heartland did fairly well in the postseason and we have about $5700 in bonus cash so you'd have over $30k to reload. 

If you are just sort of playing but not invested or just sort of floating along (like I always felt in Phelan) give the Heartland a try :) 
Or if you are tired of D1 but still want a competitive environment...or you're a D 3 coach on the way up...you get the idea...
3/31/2015 8:09 AM (edited)
Here I am again, dac, crapping in your kitchen!

You're crazy if you don't come to the Central instead!  Check out the Knight forum for a description of openings.

4/1/2015 10:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.